Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Off topic: Ideal size of a new NDSU football stadium?

Default Re: Off topic: Ideal size of a new NDSU football stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I've been on the FBS bandwagon for years

There are 4 games in November if we're in the FBS and it rarely gets above freezing. Our Hardcore fans would show up but no casual fan is going with a high of 30. Noon or 1 pm kickoffs would help but It would kill tailgating since it would start at 630 am when it's dark and 9 degrees

But what if the G5 ends up doing a playoff like they have discussed? What if we build an outdoor stadium and we don't get an invite?

An outdoor stadium is half assing it. 35k with a roof or nothing
    Thats the just of it. Our resident troll moved the narrative to Below zero. Below freezing with the wind in Fargo???? So you have 4-5 hours of tailgating in that shit then 3 hours of game time in that shit as well??? Fuck that.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the bigger question is what is the "true" demand for NDSU football?

Back in the go go days when there was a lot of western ND money and local farm money floating around the games were immediately selling out. that isn't the case anymore and tickets are not cheap. With covid and other actions by the university many have moved on. but look at the future, NDSU who are the future are not attending the games, thus less student tickets available. My oldest who is a junior at NDSU and grew up going to vitrually every home game and a couple of trips to Frisco amongst other road games has not attended a home bison game in 3 years with "free" student tickets.

Additionally, I can not be convinced that NDSU had an idea of true demand. lakes and NDSU would say they could sell 30k tickets 5-6 years ago, but they never had a list. When single game tickets went on sale NDSU would state afterwards they had demand for 30k tickets. But how many unique tickets would that bae? If I went into the system 10 times wanted 4 tickets. they would say the demand was 40 tickets. Where it was 4. So to me that number was always overstated. No different than attendance at Dacotah field.

Lastly if NDSU does ever go FBS, isn't it going to be a water downed version? For example if the Mountain West. They may lose a couple of schools. Boise and CSU for example. It will get replaced with NDSU, SDSU, UND and USD. Does this all sound familiar. Mountain West averaged 23k per game in 2019. CSU with their new stadium and proximitely to Denver averaged 25 per game.

https://nevadasportsnet.com/news/rep...ever-heres-why

Second Lastly. How often does Winnipeg fill its 35k seat stadium for non football events? 2 times a year for concerts. So this ideal that it will get used outside of football isn't going to happen since the city of Fargo has the Fargodome paid for and would be competing for concerts, tractor pulls and religious revivals. Any probably win since it is the right size.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

An outdoor stadium would be complementary to the FFD. The city doubtfully wants to make the FFD obsolete. A large outdoor venue could bring something different to the region and can handle almost all game situations.

FWIW - It's also the only thing that is even remotely affordable.
    Insert something clever here...

good stay at the nursing home then w a cup of hot coco.

at MOST there would be 2 home games in November

oh the fucking horrrrror.. its Fargo, nothing else to do!

NDSU vs Boise State or Colorado State with a conference title & New years day bowl game at stake would pack 40,000 in there

it can be built south of SHAC on the practice fields, rip out the street to the south & west for more room
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NDSU can't find 5 companies to donate 5 million each to do the SHAC or indoor facility.

Getting 50million from 1 is a stretch. Team makers the same.

So far you are $250 million short. City and State aren't going to play. State doesn't have the money and in about 4 years every dollar from the city will start going to the diversion.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    An outdoor stadium would be complementary to the FFD. The city doubtfully wants to make the FFD obsolete. A large outdoor venue could bring something different to the region and can handle almost all game situations.

FWIW - It's also the only thing that is even remotely affordable.
    You really think people will donate for an outdoor stadium? Especially current fans who are used to A/C and heat?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post

Back in the go go days when there was a lot of western ND money and local farm money floating around the games were immediately selling out. that isn't the case anymore and tickets are not cheap. With covid and other actions by the university many have moved on. but look at the future, NDSU who are the future are not attending the games, thus less student tickets available. My oldest who is a junior at NDSU and grew up going to vitrually every home game and a couple of trips to Frisco amongst other road games has not attended a home bison game in 3 years with "free" student tickets.

Additionally, I can not be convinced that NDSU had an idea of true demand. lakes and NDSU would say they could sell 30k tickets 5-6 years ago, but they never had a list. When single game tickets went on sale NDSU would state afterwards they had demand for 30k tickets. But how many unique tickets would that bae? If I went into the system 10 times wanted 4 tickets. they would say the demand was 40 tickets. Where it was 4. So to me that number was always overstated. No different than attendance at Dacotah field.

Lastly if NDSU does ever go FBS, isn't it going to be a water downed version? For example if the Mountain West. They may lose a couple of schools. Boise and CSU for example. It will get replaced with NDSU, SDSU, UND and USD. Does this all sound familiar. Mountain West averaged 23k per game in 2019. CSU with their new stadium and proximitely to Denver averaged 25 per game.

Second Lastly. How often does Winnipeg fill its 35k seat stadium for non football events? 2 times a year for concerts. So this ideal that it will get used outside of football isn't going to happen since the city of Fargo has the Fargodome paid for and would be competing for concerts, tractor pulls and religious revivals. Any probably win since it is the right size.
    Just about 4 years ago they opened up a section and had a hell of a time selling the tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Thats the just of it. Our resident troll moved the narrative to Below zero. Below freezing with the wind in Fargo???? So you have 4-5 hours of tailgating in that shit then 3 hours of game time in that shit as well??? Fuck that.

Fuck that is right !!!!!!!!!!! If I want to watch a football game with 2 to 3 k in the house in November, I will go to bunnyville and sit in Dana Dickhouse stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post

I think you are exactly right... Now figure out what the true demand of an 5-3 NDSU team in a G5 football conference.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

I’d buy tickets for NDSU FBS and I don’t now, even though I donate. It would only be NDSU and possibly SDSU, and I’d look forward to the new opponents that would visit. I doubt I’m alone on this. Please spare me the Negative ND Nanny BS