Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Off topic: Ideal size of a new NDSU football stadium?

Default Re: Off topic: Ideal size of a new NDSU football stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    oh whatever as long as you are out of the wind, fargo weather in October/November is very tolerable. plus like orygun says. radiant heat lamps on top of the enclosures & hallways would help & heated field.
    have the conference put your last game as away game, then Nov 15th is your last homegame
    What if you are in a conference that has the highest seed host a conference championship game after Thanksgiving weekend?
    It's OK to not be OK.

ok. 1 game here or there. RELAX. we wear shorts when. it's 40 out
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Random fact. The 1981 Bengals made the AFC Championship with trip to the Super Bowl on the line. Biggest game in their history and it was -9 and dubbed the freezer bowl. They won the game and went to their first superbowl. Paid attendance: 46,302. Actual attendance much lower

If the Bengals can't sell out the AFC Championship I'm-9, what would we draw in a 2nd round playoff game?
    One big difference there is it very rarely gets below zero in this part of the country. Maybe once or twice every 10 years. When it does everything shuts down. Very different from the upper Midwest. I'm surprised anyone was at the game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So maybe the next question is where do you put it? FD isn't getting torn down for this. I asked Pat about this once and he said there was some Ag research land that they were eyeing but wouldn't expand. It seems like all of that would have flight path issues though. It's really a shame that the powers of Fargo selected a non expandable dome design. 5000 seats plus new West side suites could have gotten us by. We are totally boned right now.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    it's unbelievable how bad some people want to stay fcs.

playoffs and December DONT MEAN SHIT ANYMORE IN FBS.

November 15 at worst is last NDSU home game
    weather would be fine in a semi enclosed stadium keeping wind out
    end of discussion there
    (psst there ain't much to do in Fargo, people would go)
    I've been on the FBS bandwagon for years

There are 4 games in November if we're in the FBS and it rarely gets above freezing. Our Hardcore fans would show up but no casual fan is going with a high of 30. Noon or 1 pm kickoffs would help but It would kill tailgating since it would start at 630 am when it's dark and 9 degrees

But what if the G5 ends up doing a playoff like they have discussed? What if we build an outdoor stadium and we don't get an invite?

An outdoor stadium is half assing it. 35k with a roof or nothing

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I think we should threaten to move the team to LA and see if if the state will fund a new stadium

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I think we should threaten to move the team to LA and see if if the state will fund a new stadium
    Most of the UND grads in the legislature would be OK with disbanding the Bison football team.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I'm not so sure, particularly given the reduced number of games after mid-November in FBS. They could save that money for a roof and put in some sort of radiant system in the stands that only heat the concrete under the seats to 50 degrees. This would also help them to remove snow if there was a storm between or during games. Getting rid of the roof and the mechanical system (and fire sprinkler system) would cut the cost by 30-40%, maybe even more.
    I think this is right on- especially so if we go FBS- no home playoff games to worry about in december.
    People are saying "cant have outdoor or semi enclosed because people would go in november! uhhh we already have that problem now because of deer hunting. You dont build a church for easter and christmas, just the same, you dont build a church for the 3rd wednesday in lent either.

you build something that is the best case scenario for the most possible situations. if a roof is a prohibitive cost, cut it. Keep it if possible/reasonable
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

I've been on the FBS bandwagon for years

There are 4 games in November if we're in the FBS and it rarely gets above freezing. Our Hardcore fans would show up but no casual fan is going with a high of 30. Noon or 1 pm kickoffs would help but It would kill tailgating since it would start at 630 am when it's dark and 9 degrees

But what if the G5 ends up doing a playoff like they have discussed? What if we build an outdoor stadium and we don't get an invite?

An outdoor stadium is half assing it. 35k with a roof or nothing

This is never happening. Ever. Hope I'm wrong, but I havent seen one credible source indicate that this has even a 1% chance of happening.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Not happening. Get used to it.
    Looks like someone got the text- Aint happenin guys, conversations over apparently
    3. It's time to go FBS