Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Off topic: Ideal size of a new NDSU football stadium?

Default Re: Off topic: Ideal size of a new NDSU football stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'd still go with a 30k outdoor stadium. It's really NDSU's only option money wise. If weather were an issue couldn't they just move the game to the Dome? Seems like other games get moved occasionally.
    We'd prolly have 2 home games only in November in FBS. I think we're stuck with the dome for a longtime, but would be in best interests if/when we go FBS to make plans for a new stadium in the long term. Funding would likely take awhile. A 30K outdoor I think would be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Who cares about the secondary market anyway? We are talking NDSU sales that's what matters.
    I'm specifically responding to Lake's comments on demand.....if there was the kind of demand he is saying for tickets, they would be long, long gone. Note, he said 30k could be sold. That is a crock of shit.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    That is a crock of shit.
    “Crock-of-shit”origins (which may, or may not be true, very hard to verify)

More politely known as "a pile of poo", the term "a crock of shit" derives from an ancient Roman custom that coincidentally took place in Roman times.

It referred literally to a pot into which people would excrete if they were particularly bored by whichever freelance philosopher happened to be talking rubbish at the time.

The Roman Empire employed crock-monitors who were each assigned to a philosopher, and it was their job to monitor the pot (or crock).

Should the crock become full, it would be presented to the philosopher, who was obliged, by law, to announce that it bore a remarkable resemblance to himself, thus proclaiming he was full of crap and was, in fact, talking a crock of shit.

"I am talking a crock of shit", Socrates - 429 BC
    Insert something clever here...

I'm specifically responding to Lake's comments on demand.....if there was the kind of demand he is saying for tickets, they would be long, long gone. Note, he said 30k could be sold. That is a crock of shit.
    So you are basing your demand on tickets not selling a second or third time?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just remember, tickets sold is not the same as butt in the seats attendance. If we could add 5k-7 season tickets, 25k-30k soft sell outs are totally possible. The Griz do it in BFE playing in the FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Just remember, tickets sold is not the same as butt in the seats attendance. If we could add 5k-7 season tickets, 25k-30k soft sell outs are totally possible. The Griz do it in BFE playing in the FCS.
    I get it but he said 30k for this game......no flipping way. My tickets would be long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    So you are basing your demand on tickets not selling a second or third time?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Yes, secondary market follows supply and demand economics. There is are plenty of tickets on secondary market, enough im worried about getting my cost back. Btw. I'm not flipping, just my season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    We'd prolly have 2 home games only in November in FBS. I think we're stuck with the dome for a longtime, but would be in best interests if/when we go FBS to make plans for a new stadium in the long term. Funding would likely take awhile. A 30K outdoor I think would be doable.
    It would be do-able but I don't think it's in the best interest of the program. We don't need a new stadium to move up and building a basic outdoor stadium is half assing it and a knee jerk reaction. Once it's built, that's what we got for the rest of our lives. The Fargodome said they could replace the entire dome for 148 million and that's what it's insured for (obvioulsy not including land) https://www.grandforksherald.com/bus...y-30-years-ago

Why not just build a 30-35K seat indoor stadium for 300 million that would serve multi events and do something spectacular. So we would have 2 giant indoor stadiums? Sounds good to me. Talk about a way to take our metro to the next level.

It would take a decade but if we can find donated land and do a mixed private public partnership including state, city, county, NDSU, NDSU Development, Teammakers, we could pull it off. The idea of the Fargodome seemed like a pipe dream when I was a kid but we did it.

The Fargodome is a recruiting tool and gives us an insane home field advantage that most G5 teams envy

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It would be do-able but I don't think it's in the best interest of the program. We don't need a new stadium to move up and building a basic outdoor stadium is half assing it and a knee jerk reaction. Once it's built, that's what we got for the rest of our lives. The Fargodome said they could replace the entire dome for 148 million and that's what it's insured for (obvioulsy not including land) https://www.grandforksherald.com/bus...y-30-years-ago

Why not just build a 30-35K seat indoor stadium for 300 million that would serve multi events and do something spectacular. So we would have 2 giant indoor stadiums? Sounds good to me. Talk about a way to take our metro to the next level.

It would take a decade but if we can find donated land and do a mixed private public partnership including state, city, county, NDSU, NDSU Development, Teammakers, we could pull it off. The idea of the Fargodome seemed like a pipe dream when I was a kid but we did it.

The Fargodome is a recruiting tool and gives us an insane home field advantage that most G5 teams envy
    I can get on board with this. Truly a unique situation. The indoor football stadium examples I can find are in the 10Ks or 50/60K plus. I couldnt find any in a 30K range.

BigLakeBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I get it but he said 30k for this game......no flipping way. My tickets would be long gone.
    Your tickets are overpriced that’s why they don’t sell.