Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Off topic: Ideal size of a new NDSU football stadium?

Default Re: Off topic: Ideal size of a new NDSU football stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I think you are exactly right... Now figure out what the true demand of an 5-3 NDSU team in a G5 football conference.
    Gotta pick a narrative because only one can be true:

The G5 is so bad and not worth playing against- but also, the Bison would only be 5-3

or is it

the G5 is actually way better at football than FCS that the Bison would only be 5-3

Cant say FBS isnt a jump in competition and also you believe we would suck, all of the sudden.

The entire point of those supporting an FBS jump is that we believe NDSU would succeed at the next level. Apparently, you believe we are not nearly talented enough to compete with teams that you believe actually suck lol
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Just about 4 years ago they opened up a section and had a hell of a time selling the tickets.
    .......but they did sell them.......

Thats the just of it. Our resident troll moved the narrative to Below zero. Below freezing with the wind in Fargo???? So you have 4-5 hours of tailgating in that shit then 3 hours of game time in that shit as well??? Fuck that.
    If you own an RV it might OK, but most don't.

He is also trying to change the narrative that there is "nothing to do in Fargo", even though after the Twin Cities, we are the 2nd largest concert market in ND, SD, MN, and MT. There is a ton of competition for the entertainment dollar.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just about 4 years ago they opened up a section and had a hell of a time selling the tickets.
    A number of things happened in the last 5 years from peak demand. NDSU/Athletic Department/Teammakers did not capture many that wanted to be involved and they moved on with their time and money. NDSU Development in general in my opinion has been behind the curve. They didn't hire a dedicated Western ND person until 2018-19 time frame. Fargo Development had no clue to what was happening. Another aspect was Teammakers. Pat had ZERO help. Love him or not like him. The guy was overwhelmed with requests. You had long time donors that he worked with, along with new "bigger givers". Person that wanted to give 5, 10, 20k a year to be involved weren't serviced and went elsewhere. They go and get involved with other groups organizations of now more recently have bought boats, snowmobiles, ice houses, cabins. That group of prospects is lost.

Is there another group coming up through the ranks that will have the disposable income that we saw in the 2010-2019 time period? Maybe, but i don't think they are pounding on NDSU' door to contribute.

Throw in COVID into the mix. People habits have changed. Instead of expensive vacations to warm out of area locals, they are renting lake cabins and staying more local. I work with a guy with 15 VRBO cabins in Park Rapids area. Best two years ever with covid. people realizing local is good. People have moved on.

How to get the MOJO back again. No clue. I personally think the MPLS market and having games and events in the Twin Cities be it football or basketball games in the cities is away to attract donors. But that doesn't help build and fill seats at a new staduim.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    They may have sold them , but at one time you could have hooked every seat for $2,500 team maker fee. Not today.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    A number of things happened in the last 5 years from peak demand. NDSU/Athletic Department/Teammakers did not capture many that wanted to be involved and they moved on with their time and money. NDSU Development in general in my opinion has been behind the curve. They didn't hire a dedicated Western ND person until 2018-19 time frame. Fargo Development had no clue to what was happening. Another aspect was Teammakers. Pat had ZERO help. Love him or not like him. The guy was overwhelmed with requests. You had long time donors that he worked with, along with new "bigger givers". Person that wanted to give 5, 10, 20k a year to be involved weren't serviced and went elsewhere. They go and get involved with other groups organizations of now more recently have bought boats, snowmobiles, ice houses, cabins. That group of prospects is lost.

Is there another group coming up through the ranks that will have the disposable income that we saw in the 2010-2019 time period? Maybe, but i don't think they are pounding on NDSU' door to contribute.

Throw in COVID into the mix. People habits have changed. Instead of expensive vacations to warm out of area locals, they are renting lake cabins and staying more local. I work with a guy with 15 VRBO cabins in Park Rapids area. Best two years ever with covid. people realizing local is good. People have moved on.

How to get the MOJO back again. No clue. I personally think the MPLS market and having games and events in the Twin Cities be it football or basketball games in the cities is away to attract donors. But that doesn't help build and fill seats at a new staduim.
    Very true.....
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    They may have sold them , but at one time you could have hooked every seat for $2,500 team maker fee. Not today.
    agreed... youknow, its ALMOST.... ALMOST like there is some kind of fatigue setting in because our subdivision completely sucks in every possible way....

but no, I've been assured that donors have never been more excited to beat western illinois and UND. NEVER BEEN MORE EXCITED
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I've been on the FBS bandwagon for years

There are 4 games in November if we're in the FBS and it rarely gets above freezing. Our Hardcore fans would show up but no casual fan is going with a high of 30. Noon or 1 pm kickoffs would help but It would kill tailgating since it would start at 630 am when it's dark and 9 degrees

But what if the G5 ends up doing a playoff like they have discussed? What if we build an outdoor stadium and we don't get an invite?

An outdoor stadium is half assing it. 35k with a roof or nothing
    The average temperature in November is well above freezing, so there goes that whole narrative.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I dont think they sold all of them as many came up for sale on the day before game day release. It was mentioned here that you could buy the tickets without
    the TM fees.

Heck they even contacted me asking if I wanted any and IF I KNEW of anyone that wanted tickets.

I know of a bunch who were contacted but didnt want to pay the TM fees. So certain parts of the---we could sellout 25K easily is Bullshit. When was the last time we actually filled every seat in the dome???? Thats only 18k plus.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    The average temperature in November is well above freezing, so there goes that whole narrative.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    .....and, you can drown in a river whose average depth is 5 ft., .......so there's that.