Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game 5 Preview: UNI

Default Re: 2021 Game 5 Preview: UNI

Even though I am a Panther fan, I have not picked the Panthers to beat the Bison for the better part of a decade. And I am not going to pick them now, simply because with the series history being what it is that would be a bit absurd.

I will say that UNI generally does not field balanced teams, and this year is the first balanced team they have had for probably 15 or so years. Everything is running well, they have a disciplined, physical defense with excellent corners, an experienced and large line, a talented stable of running backs, and now, it would seem, a quarterback. There's no doubt in my mind that this is UNI's best chance to beat NDSU at home in a decade.

So we'll see what happens. But I'm pretty much never wrong about the Panthers, and while I cannot in good conscience predict a win, I think they have at least a 40% shot.

Quote Originally Posted by pantherhawkrolling View Post
    Even though I am a Panther fan, I have not picked the Panthers to beat the Bison for the better part of a decade. And I am not going to pick them now, simply because with the series history being what it is that would be a bit absurd.

I will say that UNI generally does not field balanced teams, and this year is the first balanced team they have had for probably 15 or so years. Everything is running well, they have a disciplined, physical defense with excellent corners, an experienced and large line, a talented stable of running backs, and now, it would seem, a quarterback. There's no doubt in my mind that this is UNI's best chance to beat NDSU at home in a decade.

So we'll see what happens. But I'm pretty much never wrong about the Panthers, and while I cannot in good conscience predict a win, I think they have at least a 40% shot.
    Big NDSU line, and I'm all over UNI in this one.

Only guarantee is either Farley gonna Farley or Roehl gonna Roehl and probably both so wtf knows who wins*

*maybe it'll end in a tie**
    **wait is that possible in college

Everyone talking about how high powered their offense is since switching quarterbacks. Excuse me if I am not impressed with putting up a lot of points against sac state. St Thomas, and Youngstown.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

UNI is way better than UND. Way better.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    UNI is way better than UND. Way better.
    Because I comes after D? or some other reason??

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Really looking forward to this game, got tickets back when they went on sale anticipating a great homecoming game. I see UNI as the MVFC rival that UND wishes they could be. SDSU still has that little brother feel to them.

I remember by freshman year in 2009 when UNI came to town, and was it Paschal? that got a unsportsmanlike penalty on the sideline? Dirty game and that started my hatred of the Panthers.

2010 went to the UNI Dome and watched us get sacked 10 times or so, ugly. Plus their dome has terrible echo's, not good for music. Makes the Fargodome sound like Broadway.

And then the NOISE of 2011 when the Fargodome earned its home-filed advantage moniker.

Every game since then has had some worry to it, either from injuries, Farley, or just the fact that UNI always fields a competitive team against NDSU. I'm sure in someway, they don't like they way we came in the conference, and then went on a tear grabbing title after title.

I think “UNI loud” returns this weekend.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

No worries. Bison got this! Gonna be a fun one as always

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Care to guess how many times Easton Stick or Carson Wentz had 19 rush attempts or more in a single game in their NDSU careers?
    I'm guessing Zero to None. 2021 QP 41 Rushing Attempts thru 4 games. 2018 Easton Stick 66 Rushing attempts thru 8 games.

IMO: 7-8 rushes is fine, 10-12 if exploiting their D. 19-20 Gonna be running thru a lot of QBs.