Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game 5 Preview: UNI

Default Re: 2021 Game 5 Preview: UNI

UNI went down a spot in the polls despite blowing out Youngstown State. Doesn't really matter as they have lots of chances to prove themselves but still kind of odd.

UNI is going to be an interesting game. I agree with Cass that they need to narrow down the RB field a bit. Halftime at the UND game I was like "Don't like QP run to the outside and Feed Lupeke damn it. A screen pass from the I wouldn't go amiss either." I eventually got two out of three.

But seriously, if you're going to run the ball this much and basically give up your passing game, I want to see Lupeke in the I... with another fullback leading the way. And then I want to see a play action pass out of the same set to a TE. Please?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I remember vaguely 1660 shitting themselves over the fact that our QBs completed passes to 8-10 different receivers in a single game (think: spreading the wealth around) back in the good old days.

I like the good old days ... along with featured RBs, who, in the current scenario, should be Luepke, Dom and Bussey, although I feel Raja would be fucking outstanding at RB/TB.

But I don’t know shit about football, so those are just my thoughts and soft feelings.
    Id love to see Raja more. We have so much talent.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I want to see everybody more, this offense is uber talented, matchup nightmare Mathis is back too, Sproles has just as much big play potential as Christian and #1 is a game changer and I will say it just like Trey and like one Randy Moss yep I said it.. Randy was more consistent and got more chances to be at Marshall but Christian has all the potential to do the same. What about DJ and Jake? They could be as good as RJ and Zach.

We know how good our TEs are and Luepke is a monster. Kobe hasn’t broken one yet but that RB room is full of talented backs. I love Dom but Tammerick can carry that rock too If we have handcuffs it’s time to take them off. QP has a 60% completion rate he can hit the throws. we have 3 starters on the ol who have significant experience we need to unleash this on the Valley and let everyone know what they are in for this fall and it starts by going off on Farley’s purple paper panthers.

Tyler needs to feed the stars and there is more than one star ready to rise on this team.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    So much talent ----but yet don't make an effort to get more players involved (alas WR and TE)

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    So much talent ----but yet don't make an effort to get more players involved (alas WR and TE)
    Christian Watson vs. UND - one touch on a kickoff return. How can this be? Someone explain this to me. Granted I did not see the game, but someone tell me how this is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Christian Watson vs. UND - one touch on a kickoff return. How can this be? Someone explain this to me. Granted I did not see the game, but someone tell me how this is acceptable.
    Ross did a nice job in his film review. He showed at least two sweeps that were a read for QP2 where UND sold out to stop Christian, and QP2 made the right read and had big runs both times. Yes, he did not get the ball and needs to get the ball, but they clearly tried.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Ross did a nice job in his film review. He showed at least two sweeps that were a read for QP2 where UND sold out to stop Christian, and QP2 made the right read and had big runs both times. Yes, he did not get the ball and needs to get the ball, but they clearly tried.
    Not really sure if that was the case the whole time or if they were just using Watson as a decoy later on... here's one later in the game that Ross highlighted: https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...71167062245385

It looked to me more like they were trying to use Watson to pull the LBs to the field side so Quincy would have less resistance on the boundary side.

That may have been because that's exactly what happened this play which looked to be more of a read: https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...20028228546560

The DE (#46) is all on Watson. Both LBs not on the LOS are flowing with Watson. Consequently, it opens up the QB keep for a 20+ yard gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Not really sure if that was the case the whole time or if they were just using Watson as a decoy later on... here's one later in the game that Ross highlighted: https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...71167062245385

It looked to me more like they were trying to use Watson to pull the LBs to the field side so Quincy would have less resistance on the boundary side.

That may have been because that's exactly what happened this play which looked to be more of a read: https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...20028228546560

The DE (#46) is all on Watson. Both LBs not on the LOS are flowing with Watson. Consequently, it opens up the QB keep for a 20+ yard gain.
    Watch that play a few times. Watch half the UN_ defense key on Watson to the point of being no help for any other play. LOL pretty entertaining to watch actually.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Watch that play a few times. Watch half the UN_ defense key on Watson to the point of being no help for any other play. LOL pretty entertaining to watch actually.
    Big Undies likes it almost as much as he likes Bubba go for it call on fourth and 1 from his own 20.