Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game 5 Preview: UNI

Default Re: 2021 Game 5 Preview: UNI

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    They are both very good players. But has an extra large chub for them because they were from Minneapolis and they both have some stars on their recuiting pages. Brown plays corner for them. He chose UNI over NDSU. Sapp plays free safety for them. His a drop down transfer from the gophers. His dad played at UNI. Sapp is from Eden Prairie, but played his high school football at nationally ranked St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, FL before transferring back to Eden Prairie High for his senior year. Sapp was a legit high three star coming out of high school. With offers from many P5 FBS schools.

I don't think anyone is scared to death to throw at them. Sacramento St threw for 322 yards against them. Now we aren't the passing offense they are, but this isn't the second coming of Deion Sanders at corner and Ed Reed at safety. We will take our shots when they are there like we do every week. Whether they work or not that is the question.
    Sac is a pass happy offense and there’s fire a bunch of yards every game. Looking at the box score from that UNI game right about half of Sacs yards came after they were down 34-7 in the fourth and the secondary was rotated out of the game. Even with that game they are giving up 205 yards passing per game, not exactly a weak passing defense, and have done so against a schedule that, let’s be honest, much tougher than what we’ve faced especially OOC.

Twist the recruiting of Brown and Sapp all you want, UNI beat us with them. NDSu wanted Brown, don’t think they didn’t. He was an all American as a true freshman and this past spring tans legitimately didn’t throw his direction which lead to a decrease in stats. Even this year tans aren’t throwing his direction but when they are they just don’t have success. He has a pick and multiple pbu and pd to his name. Which is why Benny is racking up his stats. He has 3 or 4 picks this year. I hope TR isn’t dumb enough to go “Omar isn’t that good, people only think that because he is from Minneapolis” and throws at him all game. That’s a good way to get crushed.

Benny was never going to come to NDSU, even if there was an offer when he left Minnesota. There was no offer because they knew he was going to UNI. His dad played there and is in the UNI HoF AFAIK.

QP is going to have to play the best game he’s ever played with making reads in the run game and passing. The UNI defense is too damn fast to think that simply getting to the edge is going to work like the defenses we’ve face this year so far

Quote Originally Posted by dttbrwn View Post
    QP is going to have to play the best game he’s ever played with making reads in the run game and passing. The UNI defense is too damn fast to think that simply getting to the edge is going to work like the defenses we’ve face this year so far
    TE seems and short throws to the RB after chipping the DE should work well against a fast aggressive defense. Not saying we will see either of those though.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    TE seems and short throws to the RB after chipping the DE should work well against a fast aggressive defense. Not saying we will see either of those though.
    You may see QB run 67 times though.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I posted this during lasts week’s game, or maybe texted SDBison—can’t remember which.

Regardless, according to 1660, tomorrow is the day we see TR be creative and open up the offense, so here we go—the line in the sand has been drawn. If we don’t see it happen, people need to light up 1660 and force them to call TR and Entz out on WTF is going on. Phil has set the stage for it with his comments/rating of the offense.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I posted this during lasts week’s game, or maybe texted SDBison—can’t remember which.

Regardless, according to 1660, tomorrow is the day we see TR be creative and open up the offense, so here we go—the line in the sand has been drawn. If we don’t see it happen, people need to light up 1660 and force them to call TR and Entz out on WTF is going on. Phil has set the stage for it with his comments/rating of the offense.
    I caught a portion of the second half of the Insiders today and there was a caller there who did this very thing.

One of ours perhaps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I caught a portion of the second half of the Insiders today and there was a caller there who did this very thing.

One of ours perhaps?

I’d assume so, or at least someone who reads BV. 1660 reads BV, I can guarantee that. There is no other place they can get the fan info. they reference/allude to but here.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

I’d assume so, or at least someone who reads BV. 1660 reads BV, I can guarantee that. There is no other place they can get the fan info. they reference/allude to but here.
    I would think they and any other market media outlet would be foolish to not have their fingers on the pulse of BV.

Anyway I hope 1660 is correct and we see the offense open up a bit tomorrow.

That said it is particularly gratifying to me to see the defense play so stingy. I really dig that. Hope they can keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I would think they and any other market media outlet would be foolish to not have their fingers on the pulse of BV.

Anyway I hope 1660 is correct and we see the offense open up a bit tomorrow.

That said it is particularly gratifying to me to see the defense play so stingy. I really dig that. Hope they can keep it going.

Agree on D play, but we need more “complimentary”(<<—-borrowed that from Entz ...) play from the O. Whatever peeps may think, players are human and susceptible to frustration, and, from experience, I can tell you that if one aspect of the team isn’t owning up to their expected “compliments”, frustration sets in after a bit.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Agree on D play, but we need more “complimentary”(<<—-borrowed that from Entz ...) play from the O. Whatever peeps may think, players are human and susceptible to frustration, and, from experience, I can tell you that if one aspect of the team isn’t owning up to their expected “compliments”, frustration sets in after a bit.
    So far at least when the O is surrendering the possession they are doing so via punt rather than less attractive means. That is a positive I think. I am hoping that it is just taking some time to get timing etc right. May be naive on my part of course.

Without a doubt the best video guy NDSU has ever had.