Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game 5 Preview: UNI

Default Re: 2021 Game 5 Preview: UNI

Penning is a stud OT for them. Supposd to go 2/3rd round. Bennie Sapp was recruited very highly I believe, transferred from the Goofers.

What happened McElvain, I thought he was good?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    i am coming to Fargo for this one.

I freaking hate UNI... but in a "You magnificent bastards"* kind of way. Completely different vibe than the "You cheap bastards I hope you choke on your Taco Johns" way (SDSU) or "I can't even look at your pathetic passive-aggressive fan base because I don't want to get infected with that and I hope you choke on your all-you-can-eat-breadsticks" (UND) way.

* Also in a "You have no business giving such a hard time in the regular season if you are going to get your asses kicked in the playoffs by some weak-ass non-conference opponent" way.
    I have been totally opposite of this. Jacks are the upstart little brother and UN_ is like playing D2 Mary in that you better win and win big or there is hell to pay. UNI was always the cheap shot after the whistle extra curricular game. Now with that said, I have been drifting your way lately largely due to the SDSU coaching staff. Dirty plays with a "my baby (player) dindu nothin" attitude coupled with lots of sh*t talking has made me dislike them more and more.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looks like it could be a great crowd Saturday. Single game tickets sold out early in the week. Now it looks like student tickets have all been taken too (has to be the first time in awhile). Crowd should be loud.

https://twitter.com/NDSUathletics/st...185181709?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    but NOW the problem is UNI will be thinking we are gonna open things up.... so Roehl/Entz will say.. "they are expecting us to open things up.... so lets A Gap them 27 times.. wear them down"
    I just hope our game plan isn't to wear down their waterboy.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    Next time have the line pump their arms in the air signaling another run, but instead of running straight into defense thinking repeat play, send the bomb to watson.
    They have done the repeat fake this season against Valpo or Albany I think ran A gap then the repeat A gap then a pa pass which I think QP2 turned into a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    lol
    At this point I'm ready for one of the other 5 or so OCs on the team to take over
    This I think might be the issue too many cooks and no Chefs, Roehls got probably the most talented ingredients for a great offense unfortunately he just likes to eat hamburger.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Penning is a stud OT for them. Supposd to go 2/3rd round. Bennie Sapp was recruited very highly I believe, transferred from the Goofers.

What happened McElvain, I thought he was good?
    McElvain didn’t have a great arm and wasn’t that accurate. Also he’s small and you could disrupt their quick game by blocking passes. He’s a good back up but not a prime timer. I watch the Ystate game Day looked good in the first half looks like a legit MVFC qb.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    you're gonna be disappointed, tyler roehl & matt entz are going to be scared to death to throw at Benny Sapp/Omar Brown
    I’m sure you are used to hearing I hope you are wrong Chapo

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonbythelake View Post
    I’m sure you are used to hearing I hope you are wrong Chapo
    They are both very good players. But has an extra large chub for them because they were from Minneapolis and they both have some stars on their recuiting pages. Brown plays corner for them. He chose UNI over NDSU. Sapp plays free safety for them. His a drop down transfer from the gophers. His dad played at UNI. Sapp is from Eden Prairie, but played his high school football at nationally ranked St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, FL before transferring back to Eden Prairie High for his senior year. Sapp was a legit high three star coming out of high school. With offers from many P5 FBS schools.

I don't think anyone is scared to death to throw at them. Sacramento St threw for 322 yards against them. Now we aren't the passing offense they are, but this isn't the second coming of Deion Sanders at corner and Ed Reed at safety. We will take our shots when they are there like we do every week. Whether they work or not that is the question.