Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    With the way they were stacking the box and pinching down I was hoping for an off tackle, or quick pitch. How about a play action pass???? But NOOOoooooooo.
    Amen! This constant run the ball up the middle and ignore everything else feels like Polasek. TP's play calling against Iowa was very good but otherwise this looks the same to me.

Dewey

Midco makes me puke.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Post game thought number 2:

Just read through some of the GDT. I cannot believe a couple people were saying go for the 2 point conversion. WTF? We scored the TD, and it was 15-7. We are ahead by 8. You kick the extra point to go up 16-7 every time, all the time, in that stage of the game, so that you are now up two scores. The coaches were 100% right on that call, and if you disagree on that, please go relearn 3rd grade math and never again comment on a Bison GDT.
    100% agree. With the extra point you force GFCC to score twice against a very salty NDSU defense. With a failed 2 point conversion GFCC could score a td and 2 point conversion to tie the game.

Agreed that the coaches were 100% right on that.

Dewey

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    100% agree. With the extra point you force GFCC to score twice against a very salty NDSU defense. With a failed 2 point conversion GFCC could score a td and 2 point conversion to tie the game.

Agreed that the coaches were 100% right on that.

Dewey
    Math is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Most of you posters don't know shit about football. und was sending the farm every other play - hard to know when. Pounding the rock was a given and we had to guess right and when we did the play was
    was a good gainer. QP played lights out for all the pressure he was under. Hard to get the ball down field when they sent 7-8 players. The safe play was to wear them down in the 4th and pound the rock.
    Our D allowed us to do that. A win is a win and the Alerus is a hard place to win at nowadays. This was there super bowl and look for them to get beat at USD. Yes I would have liked to win by 30 points but give them credit they played well defensively.
    This. I'm not saying this was the best team and the best game that ndsu has ever had, but these guys worked hard and got the win. A "fan" that craps on their team for a hard fought win isn't a fan worth having. D was great, QP seems much better than anything I saw last spring. Some of the incomplete passes were not even on him. They'll improve and a 4-0 record is damn good with how hard it is to win. Is this a championship team? I guess we'll see what the remaining games hold for us, but either way I see how these kids are working and grinding out there and I think they deserve more credit than many so called fans are giving them.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Math is hard.
    Sadly in this case it's not even math but just simple arithmetic.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    This was my observation too. TR just calls the game he expects his payers to execute. Is it youth? I thought QP2 did fine under the circumstances. He didn’t turn the ball over and he ran well. A couple dropped balls didn’t help.
    Hard to not see a correlation in o line play and the coaches we had at that position. I’m sure Larson is a fine man, but he’s not Scott Fuchs, Connor Riley, or AJ Blazek. I know it was late in the spring when AJ left and we needed a guy but why on earth we wouldn’t have went out and got someone that’s actually coached the position for this fall, especially after the subpar spring performance, is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Hard to not see a correlation in o line play and the coaches we had at that position. I’m sure Larson is a fine man, but he’s not Scott Fuchs, Connor Riley, or AJ Blazek. I know it was late in the spring when AJ left and we needed a guy but why on earth we wouldn’t have went out and got someone that’s actually coached the position for this fall, especially after the subpar spring performance, is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Need more meat head. Bison smash! Bison smash!

I honestly think that's the head coach and oc's thought process.

Smash. Brah smash.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

It's not working.
    Smash harder

Lardsin must go!

I have never been to the grand forks for a football game. And don’t want to go back.
    We decided to just go to the game and come back to Fargo for dinner and not tailgate.
    The parking was a mess. We parked in their overflow which was a field with some ropes. People just parked wherever. After the game they have one exit onto the one street that goes by the alerus. We saw other cars using a road between two houses so we decided to go out that way. But! There was no road and we were just driving on grass between two houses
    One door to go in and trash all around (see Roads picture of lot)
    Some of the drunks around us couldn’t even get to their seats. Of course they did have each hand full of beer so walking is hard.
    I usually dread going to brookings but now even that doesn’t look so bad. Other than the drunk who kept shaking my shoulders telling me they were just having fun, their fans were fine.
    We don’t have it too bad in Fargo. In fact it’s pretty nice. I now have a better appreciation of all that goes into our GameDay
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans