Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Well timed fake or reverse keep opposing defenses honest. That junior high look away snap is what I'd consider junior high level shit.
    I see no difference between any of those. A reverse is like....the classic junior high trick play FWIW. Fakes, reverses, fake botched snaps....all are the same thing.
    College of Business Alumnus

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well timed fake or reverse keep opposing defenses honest. That junior high look away snap is what I'd consider junior high level shit.
    Which is why ALABAMA used the same play? They’re junior high if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Which is why ALABAMA used the same play? They’re junior high if I recall.
    Did Bama go for it on fourth and one from their own 20 too???

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I see no difference between any of those. A reverse is like....the classic junior high trick play FWIW. Fakes, reverses, fake botched snaps....all are the same thing.
    A reverse is a play like Kev draws up. The look away snap is one step away from a player getting on all fours and barking like a dog.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I agree. Let’s play big-man football straight up. Trick plays are a sign of weakness, and pettiness, which I loathe in all walks of life/sports/politics/relationships/professional settings/etc.
    AMEN
    Be a man and play right. Jerks who are trying to beat you by bending the rules are the ones you hate to play with. That is UND to the T.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Reminded me of those Jr High teams that would have the QB walk over and talk to the coach while another player took the snap. That was popular a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    There are rules to the game. Anyone who doesn’t do everything they can to win while playing within the rules of the game is a fool. If defenses overcommit and break contain or are asleep at the wheel while the offense is in their right to snap the ball, it’s pretty Beta to blame the offense for outsmarting them. I would love to hear what you think of play action or delayed handoffs. Why don’t we just all line up and point at who we’re blocking?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    There are rules to the game. Anyone who doesn’t do everything they can to win while playing within the rules of the game is a fool. If defenses overcommit and break contain or are asleep at the wheel while the offense is in their right to snap the ball, it’s pretty Beta to blame the offense for outsmarting them. I would love to hear what you think of play action or delayed handoffs. Why don’t we just all line up and point at who we’re blocking?
    You have rather poor reading comprehension. I dont have a problem with that at all lmaoooo

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    AMEN
    Be a man and play right. Jerks who are trying to beat you by bending the rules are the ones you hate to play with. That is UND to the T.
    Bending the rules?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Jesus, some of you talk out of both sides of your mouth. Deception / misdirection is a fundamental part of the game. That's why we have play action, middle screens, fake field goals or punts, reverses, and the statue of liberty. Hell, my favorite trick play of all time was the one where Ryan Smith hid behind the left guard, took a concealed handoff, slipped out and scored.

The whole "manly men only play manly football by lining up like men and doing manly things" schtick is silly. Everyone seeks to find their advantage and to employ it. Trick plays tend to take advantage of the other team's lack of discipline.

Plays like the QB walking to the coach are actually illegal, as are anything that simulates a team actually not engaged. Indy wrote something on the topic a few years ago. I wonder what his thoughts are on the UND play.
    Insert something clever here...