Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

These recap videos are awesome, and really well done. Love Entz’s quote at the end!! Ha!

https://youtu.be/2AxgDAs87KI
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    I’ll be honest man, I genuinely think I could call a better game than TR
    I know you think that but that really diminishes the role of a coach and the blood, sweat, and tears they put into their job. That doesn't mean they are doing a good job or always call the right plays, but it shows a lack of understanding of their job. What if I said I could do your job better than you even though I've never done it before? Do you see how illogical that is?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I know you think that but that really diminishes the role of a coach and the blood, sweat, and tears they put into their job. That doesn't mean they are doing a good job or always call the right plays, but it shows a lack of understanding of their job. What if I said I could do your job better than you even though I've never done it before? Do you see how illogical that is?

Its also a small, albeit visible, part of his job. It's possible that he has trouble reacting or implementing changes. That doesn't mean he's not good at watching film, coaching and teaching, motivating, building relationships, recruiting, etc. I'm not going to go out and say I'd do a better job but I think there is enough of a track record and history to acknowledge that a better job could be done.

There are a lot of people who can do their job really well who then get promoted to a leadership role and it doesn't work out. There are also a lot of people who really understand their job but struggle to communicate with others.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Its also a small, albeit visible, part of his job. It's possible that he has trouble reacting or implementing changes. That doesn't mean he's not good at watching film, coaching and teaching, motivating, building relationships, recruiting, etc. I'm not going to go out and say I'd do a better job but I think there is enough of a track record and history to acknowledge that a better job could be done.

There are a lot of people who can do their job really well who then get promoted to a leadership role and it doesn't work out. There are also a lot of people who really understand their job but struggle to communicate with others.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I'm not saying he's doing a good job. My point is that for any of us to think we could do better is not realistic.

One thing I've learned in life is that I know when I'm not knowledgeable about something. There's a big difference between I don't like what someone did and that person is bad at their job or doesn't know how to do their job. That takes away a lot of the fun of being a fan though.

Carry on.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Undies were selling out on stopping Watson and crashing down hard on running backs. Basically daring NDSU to run Quincy. NDSU maybe could have opened up the passing game more, but feels they took the slow and steady approach of sticking with the QB run game because that's what they were given.
    That’s correct we SOLD OUT to stop BOTH the pass and the run. Brilliant strategy. Probably consulted Cotton on that.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    These recap videos are awesome, and really well done. Love Entz’s quote at the end!! Ha!

https://youtu.be/2AxgDAs87KI
    Who the fuck takes an hour and fifteen minutes to get to grand forks from Fargo?

NDSU_grad is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    But we don't know what information he has at the time he has to call a play. And we have no idea if the players executed what they were supposed to execute on said play. And the Bison were playing a top 10 team with a huge motivation to beat the Bison. The coaches know what limitations or talents each player has. That doesn't mean they did the right thing or fans can't have an opinion of what they would do. But there is a reason the coaches are paid for what they do, and we watch for entertainment.
    I really wish there was a ‘like’ button for posts such as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    I really wish there was a ‘like’ button for posts such as this one.
    There is but it’s not on the mobile interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Who the fuck takes an hour and fifteen minutes to get to grand forks from Fargo?
    He clearly factored in the stretch of road construction south of Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    That’s correct we SOLD OUT to stop BOTH the pass and the run. Brilliant strategy. Probably consulted Cotton on that.
    Sold out to stop Watson on the sweep dip shit. Go watch every fly sweep fake. A Fhawker is tasked with taking out Watson no matter how obvious it is he doesn't have the ball. Almost looks as silly as going for it on fourth and one on your own 20.

For NDSU a passing play was pretty much a trick play for how unnecessary it was to beat that team.