Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateBison View Post
    Offense is terrible and it is not the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    With the way they were stacking the box and pinching down I was hoping for an off tackle, or quick pitch. How about a play action pass???? But NOOOoooooooo.
    Correct me if im wrong.. nearly every loss we have had in the last 10 years it is the same story. Its like a passing contest. Bison get stubborn and pound and pound it between the tackles. We don't "wear teams down" like we used to. Need to use the whole playback and be more balanced. I little more passing and more outside runs, then hit it up inside. Make them pay for stacking the box.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Why is it so difficult to exit that building? What would happen in an emergency situation?
    If I had to spend three hours in that shithole and the opportunity presented itself, I’d spend a least a couple seconds contemplating jumping into the fire
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Lakes explain yourself.
    mess was boring as your mom just laying there the other night.....
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Post game thought number 2:

Just read through some of the GDT. I cannot believe a couple people were saying go for the 2 point conversion. WTF? We scored the TD, and it was 15-7. We are ahead by 8. You kick the extra point to go up 16-7 every time, all the time, in that stage of the game, so that you are now up two scores. The coaches were 100% right on that call, and if you disagree on that, please go relearn 3rd grade math and never again comment on a Bison GDT.
    Count me in on that retarded criticism for about 30 seconds. Then I did the math and felt somewhat dumb.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Count me in on that retarded criticism for about 30 seconds. Then I did the math and felt somewhat dumb.
    I mentioned going for 2, and still feel it’s debatable. Not arguing we screwed up kicking, just saying that we weren’t up by two scores after, if you think about it.

Up 9.

TD, extra point and field goal beat us: cuz that’s 10 points. Think: we aren’t actually up 2 scores/we can get beat by a point with them getting 2 basic scores. We go for 2 and get it, we are then up by 2 scores. For them to beat us, they’d have to go for 2 on a TD.

We don’t get the 2, and they go for 2 after TD and get it: tie. Another field goal by them still beats us, just like if they had TD, 1 pt. extra point and field goal.

In short, room for debate/discussion.

Up 9 gave them a chance to win with TD, kick and field goal. That’s why they kicked FG and went with on-side kick.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I mentioned going for 2, and still feel it’s debatable. Not arguing we screwed up kicking, just saying that we weren’t up by two scores after, if you think about it.

Up 9.

TD, extra point and field goal beat us: cuz that’s 10 points. Think: we aren’t actually up 2 scores/we can get beat by a point with them getting 2 basic scores. We go for 2 and get it, we are then up by 2 scores. For them to beat us, they’d have to go for 2 on a TD.

We don’t get the 2, and they go for 2 after TD and get it: tie. Another field goal by them still beats us, just like if they had TD, 1 pt. extra point and field goal.

In short, room for debate/discussion.

Up 9 gave them a chance to win with TD, kick and field goal. That’s why they kicked FG and went with on-side kick.
    The odds of them scoring, recovering an onside kick, and scoring again in that time span are so small that the difference between a 9 or 10 point lead is miniscule. Only having an 8 point lead gives them a much better chance of winning.

If it were us what position would you rather be in with 75 seconds to go, down 8 or down 9? I'd take being down 8 in a heartbeat. The best rule of thumb for coaching decisions that I've ever saw is ask what the other team is hoping you do, and do the opposite.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

We should have moved up when we had Klieman at the helm. He almost beat OU again! This coaching staff is not going to take us anywhere in the FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    We should have moved up when we had Klieman at the helm. He almost beat OU again! This coaching staff is not going to take us anywhere in the FBS.
    They could take us away from the shit show that is UND so we'd have that going for us.

Maybe I am blind by "rivalry" but to me going for 2 and making it really takes the wind out of their sail. Not so much that it makes it a true 2 score game for me. I'm still on team CAS not that I don't understand why they kick the PAT to require 2 scores to beat us.

I still think scoring a TD and getting 2 is pretty minimal chance with little over a minute and no timeouts. Even then it's still only tied.

Was applying play to win on the road adage. I'm still on team CAS. Not really trying to change minds here as obviously most disagree. Just a little annoying when indicated that don't know simple math. I knew exactly what was at "stake" points wise.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Have either teams press conferences been posted?