Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Why can’t we run a middle screen like we used to use with mcnorton? That scores 14 points by itself today.
    Because Quincy has no touch on his passes. Just a terrible passer.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Because Quincy has no touch on his passes. Just a terrible passer.
    Disagree. He has thrown some nice balls.

No way! Up the gut all day to soften them up. Its a pissing contest!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Our staff sucks. That is all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    We have some of the best athletes ever, but the coaching is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Disagree. He has thrown some nice balls.
    lol.......seriously. Less than 50 % completion this season. So what, he has chucked the pigskin a couple times and got lucky.

It is frustrating. I have been watching Bison football for a long time. What I have loved thru the decades is they played with execution and discipline, even when they were not the most talented team on the field. The last two years you can see this coaching staff has gone away from execution an discipline and are trying to rely on talent.....unfortunelty now they are just another program.

Quote Originally Posted by DAS BISON View Post
    It is frustrating. I have been watching Bison football for a long time. What I have loved thru the decades is they played with execution and discipline, even when they were not the most talented team on the field. The last two years you can see this coaching staff has gone away from execution an discipline and are trying to rely on talent.....unfortunelty now they are just another program.
    I don't think that is true. Every time UND tried a trick play (except the one where I think they should have been flagged for not being set), NDSU was disciplined and made the UND coaching staff look like idiots. A reverse on 4th down? Were they literally high? Going for it against NDSU on fourth down on your own 20? Yep, they were high. Going for it on fourth down period, for that matter. If NDSU played UND for 40 quarters, the only TD would have been on that one-timer trick play (which, like I said, I think should have been a penalty.) Anyway, that's a sign of good coaching.

NDSU was the greatest D2 program of all time... but in their best decade, the 1980's, they still went 6-4 twice. Don't do a Nebraska on this program (my favorite FBS team, btw.)

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I don't think that is true. Every time UND tried a trick play (except the one where I think they should have been flagged for not being set), NDSU was disciplined and made their coaching staff look like idiots. A reverse on 4th down? We're they high. Going for it against NDSU on fourth down on your own 20? Yep, they were high. Going for it on fourth down period, for that matter. If NDSU played UND for 40 quarters, the only TD would have been on that one-timer trick play (which, like I said, I think should have been a penalty.) Anyway, that's a sign of good coaching.

NDSU was the greatest D2 program of all time... but in their best decade, the 1980's, they still went 6-4 twice. Don't do a Nebraska on this program (my favorite FBS team, btw.)
    Take away that trick play and they scored 3 points (and that’s in the Walrus). Is my math right?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I don't think that is true. Every time UND tried a trick play (except the one where I think they should have been flagged for not being set), NDSU was disciplined and made their coaching staff look like idiots. A reverse on 4th down? We're they high. Going for it against NDSU on fourth down on your own 20? Yep, they were high. Going for it on fourth down period, for that matter. If NDSU played UND for 40 quarters, the only TD would have been on that one-timer trick play (which, like I said, I think should have been a penalty.) Anyway, that's a sign of good coaching.

Agreed, Code Green D playing that way. Offense........not so much. Truth hurts Tony

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I remember there were days with Brock where we only won because of the defense. Maybe we are in that period again.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns