Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We put nothing on film today on offense. It was vanilla AF and we won
    Amen to that

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Most of you posters don't know shit about football. und was sending the farm every other play - hard to know when. Pounding the rock was a given and we had to guess right and when we did the play was
    was a good gainer. QP played lights out for all the pressure he was under. Hard to get the ball down field when they sent 7-8 players. The safe play was to wear them down in the 4th and pound the rock.
    Our D allowed us to do that. A win is a win and the Alerus is a hard place to win at nowadays. This was there super bowl and look for them to get beat at USD. Yes I would have liked to win by 30 points but give them credit they played well defensively.
    Lot's of truth. I wanted to see Leupke run on them all day like spring ball, but we won without having to use 44 and saved him for UNI & SDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    As a Bison fan, I loved the bonehead play by Schuster.

As a football fan, WTF was he doing? That was an awful pass attempt. There is forcing the action to make something happen, then there was that play. It was so bad I was shocked.

If it was my favorite QB in the NFL doing that, I would blame the offensive line or the OC.
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    hedberg is a Minot st qb coach if Wentz/Stick/Lance don't fall in his lap. sorry. be mad, don't bother me
    Good night

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NDSU would have done better had they not repeatedly called running plays on 3rd and 7+
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

As a football fan, WTF was he doing? That was an awful pass attempt. There is forcing the action to make something happen, then there was that play. It was so bad I was shocked.

If it was my favorite QB in the NFL doing that, I would blame the offensive line or the OC.
    [QUOTE=tony;1524953]It's hard to imagine any play more beautiful than Luepke running around, over, and through UND's entire defense for 14 yards and then getting a team-assisted bonus 7 yards.[/QU

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    It's hard to imagine any play more beautiful than Luepke running around, over, and through UND's entire defense for 14 yards and then getting a team-assisted bonus 7 yards.
    Preach Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    After reflecting on the game and drinking heavily....

Field goals and punting were excellent!
    Defense was unreal as well.
    Quincy is taking more heat/criticism than he should. I think he can throw the ball pretty well and they needed to give him more opportunities. There were 2-3 drops out of the incompletions....Kobe had a big play that he dropped and the TE had a first down that he dropped late in the game...I think there was one more as well. QP runs well straight ahead but needs to be a bit more decisive and not run too far laterally.

The big head scratcher for me is why not more passing when they sell out on the run. I'm fine with a lot of running but then use Luepke! I was screaming at the TV most of the game and finally at the end they went to it and it worked.

A lot to work on and this should light a fire under some people heading into a touch homecoming game against UNI.
    QP really needs to make quicker decisions. A couple of his sacks just looked like deer in headlight paralized.

Quote Originally Posted by PlrbrBison View Post
    QP really needs to make quicker decisions. A couple of his sacks just looked like deer in headlight paralized.
    Only one I remember Mauch wiffed on a delayed blitzer right up the middle. QP just has to trust his line on that one.

Why is this even a debate?! If you can go up 9 with a PAT, you do it. You make them have to score twice. You attempt a 2 point conversion and fail, they can tie it with a td and successful 2 point conversion. The likelihood of either happening are low, but I’ll take a 9 point lead with only a little time left vs an 8 point lead. Also, STFU about Entz icing his kicker. They were discussIng if they wanted to go for it as it was 4th an 1. Ultimately decided to kick and he made it.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Why is this even a debate?! If you can go up 9 with a PAT, you do it. You make them have to score twice. You attempt a 2 point conversion and fail, they can tie it with a td and successful 2 point conversion. The likelihood of either happening are low, but I’ll take a 9 point lead with only a little time left vs an 8 point lead. Also, STFU about Entz icing his kicker. They were discussIng if they wanted to go for it as it was 4th an 1. Ultimately decided to kick and he made it.
    I agree with your comment on the icing. I'm sure the fact that the starting center was no longer in the game had something to do with the decision not to go for it.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!