Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

What's very clear to me after reading this thread is that there's a very good reason that none of us on this board coach football for a living.
    Insert something clever here...

Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    What's very clear to me after reading this thread is that there's a very good reason that none of us on this board coach football for a living.
    I was listening to some college broadcast yesterday (probably WI v MI) and the color guy was saying, "The D needs to bring the pressure on this 3rd down. Their offense hasn't handled it all day!" So the D brought the pressure and the offense threw a screen for a huge gain. It was glorious.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I was listening to some college broadcast yesterday (probably WI v MI) and the color guy was saying, "The D needs to bring the pressure on this 3rd down. Their offense hasn't handled it all day!" So the D brought the pressure and the offense threw a screen for a huge gain. It was glorious.
    Exactly. I can barely handle coaching middle schoolers...although admittedly, 8th graders are the worst human beings on the planet.
    Insert something clever here...

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Maybe I am blind by "rivalry" but to me going for 2 and making it really takes the wind out of their sail. Not so much that it makes it a true 2 score game for me. I'm still on team CAS not that I don't understand why they kick the PAT to require 2 scores to beat us.

I still think scoring a TD and getting 2 is pretty minimal chance with little over a minute and no timeouts. Even then it's still only tied.

Was applying play to win on the road adage. I'm still on team CAS. Not really trying to change minds here as obviously most disagree. Just a little annoying when indicated that don't know simple math. I knew exactly what was at "stake" points wise.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    If the situation was reversed what would you want Bubbles to do, go for 2 or kick it? The Bison would be begging him to go for 2, which makes the opposite choice the right thing to do.

Pretty much like his decision to go for it on 4th down from his own 20. Every Bison fan was hoping they'd go for it because of how poorly we were moving the ball, which means he should've punted.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Two types of people on here:

1. Drunk and stupid and legitimately don't know shit.
    2. Those who have a clue and are less dumb than Entz and Roehl combined.

Raise your hand if you thought "I'll ice my own kicker" was something you'd execute if you were coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    If the situation was reversed what would you want Bubbles to do, go for 2 or kick it? The Bison would be begging him to go for 2, which makes the opposite choice the right thing to do.

Pretty much like his decision to go for it on 4th down from his own 20. Every Bison fan was hoping they'd go for it because of how poorly we were moving the ball, which means he should've punted.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
    Kick it because going for two and being successful essentially is nail in the coffin and after that last drive wouldn't be trusting the D to stop 2 point conversion. Guess that's just me and my thought maybe played too much Madden as a kid??

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Kick it because going for two and being successful essentially is nail in the coffin and after that last drive wouldn't be trusting the D to stop 2 point conversion. Guess that's just me and my thought maybe played too much Madden as a kid??

Kicking it adds like 15 nails to the coffin, a successful 2 point try really only adds like 1 or 2 more. I’d take a roughly 50% chance of being down 8 over a 99% chance of being down 9 every single time. Of course neither situation is ideal but scoring 1 TD & converting a 2 point try is much more manageable than scoring, recovering an onside kick, and scoring again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    I agree QP needs to lighten up on the close passes and why don't we have a quick slant plays over the middle? und qb throws 5-8 yard passes all game.
    He just missed connecting to the RB on a slant that would've appeared to go for big yards
    Would've been a confidence booster.
    TR surprisingly didn't go back to it

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Is it just me or does this feel like a giant loss?
    Kinda feels that way. But sept fer we one.