Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fire Roehl, Save Season

Default Re: Fire Roehl, Save Season

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'm not ready to write off QP2 yet, but I am concerned.
    It’s hard for me to be concerned because well I haven’t seen him pass… but maybe there’s a good reason for that?

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    It is called a reorganization. It's not like FCS coaches are paid so well that they can afford to walk away in a hissy fit.
    It is past the time to reorganize the coaching staff on the play calling side of the ball. That was demonstrated last spring.
    A "reorganization" is a demotion. Most folks have zero interest in that.

Thats not a hissy fit. Thats taking a step backwards in your career. Not ideal. You gonna take that pay cut when some other school will hire you?
    College of Business Alumnus

Here's a twitter thread showing different aspects of NDSU's rushing offense:

Last of the Fullbacks on Twitter: "North Dakota State (National Championship) Run game cut-ups A Thread"

Some of the reviews:

"NDSU might have one of the most elegant run games in all of college football. Truly a thing of beauty…so much more fun to watch than iz & rpo/bubble to death…imo" - TheCoachSpeakGuy
    "They are the most exciting team in college football imo" - TheLastFullback.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Last of the Fullbacks on Twitter: "North Dakota State (National Championship) Run game cut-ups A Thread"

Some of the reviews:

"NDSU might have one of the most elegant run games in all of college football. Truly a thing of beauty…so much more fun to watch than iz & rpo/bubble to death…imo" - TheCoachSpeakGuy
    One thing that stood out and I was reminded of from watching those videos was how badly Troy Anderson played/got outplayed that day.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Some of the reviews:

Ha ha. Who's our lineman tossing #1 like a rag doll as Luepke trucks the guy at the goal line?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

I've said before and will say again:

NDSU does not do anything exceptional, but what they do they do exceptionally well.

I watched those clips and can not find a missed assignment.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Ha ha. Who's our lineman tossing #1 like a rag doll as Luepke trucks the guy at the goal line?
    I can't find #1... but every time I watch that play I feel for Jake Lippe. The dude runs all the way across the field and gets a great block. His reward? Luepke's right shoulder. It might not look like much but that hit would knock a lot of smaller WRs out of the end zone completely (if there wasn't a defender there in the way.)

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    One thing that stood out and I was reminded of from watching those videos was how badly Troy Anderson played/got outplayed that day.
    He wasn't the only one - their d-line wasn't even competitive in those plays. Got buried or pushed around easily every play.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.