Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire Roehl, Save Season

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fire Roehl, Save Season

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    If I fucking see another QB run on 3rd down...
    How about a piss poor QB throw?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    How about a piss poor QB throw?
    Fair lol then we should be playing someone else. Or somehow, our QB recruiting has fallen behind our regional rivals even though we have 3 QBs in a row in the NFL.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    He would have quit. Coaches don't really do the demotion thing.... almost like they are like regular people.
    It is called a reorganization. It's not like FCS coaches are paid so well that they can afford to walk away in a hissy fit.
    It is past the time to reorganize the coaching staff on the play calling side of the ball. That was demonstrated last spring.

Fair lol then we should be playing someone else. Or somehow, our QB recruiting has fallen behind our regional rivals even though we have 3 QBs in a row in the NFL.
    IDK about that. Trey was supposed to be here; you don't expect that to happen. Cole is clearly the future, but they are not going to use him unless needed. Big question is next year on who starts. I think are are in about as a good situation as could be expected with the Trey situation.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes playcalling is complete shit. They have not clue how to set up one play for the next play. It's simply run whatever the fuck is working and do it 75 times. The QB will be dead in 2 weeks and then what?

We are getting recruits who are Ferraris, Randy Hedberg is forced to scale back because our OC is not a Ferrari driver. So Randy Hedberg is stuck with bringing kids who can run more and throw less to suit TR playcalling.

Our QB run game used to be "the cherry on top", not the basis for the entire offense. Now it is QB run all the time, increasingly so over the past few years. There doesn't seem to be enough of a passing threat to keep the defense honest. What happened to the screen game? Less gimmicks (jet sweeps, qb runs, etc.) please. How about some quick passes or any sort of passing offense?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    IDK about that. Trey was supposed to be here; you don't expect that to happen. Cole is clearly the future, but they are not going to use him unless needed. Big question is next year on who starts. I think are are in about as a good situation as could be expected with the Trey situation.
    SDSU lost their QB in the spring and reloaded. UND had a true freshman. What did UNI do?

See my point?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Yes playcalling is complete shit. They have not clue how to set up one play for the next play. It's simply run whatever the fuck is working and do it 75 times. The QB will be dead in 2 weeks and then what?
    Agreed, great quote by someone who understands offensive football

SDSU lost their QB in the spring and reloaded. UND had a true freshman. What did UNI do?

See my point?
    I'm not ready to write off QP2 yet, but I am concerned.