Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game 4: UND Preview

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021 Game 4: UND Preview

I’m expecting a 28-10 NDSU type of game. Wouldn’t be shocked at all of its more like the Towson game at 35-7. Would be stunned if UND kept it within 10 and or NDSU loses.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

I feel like this thread is missing an all important video of a movie scene from Tatanka

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Running back by committee with the thunder and lightning approach by the Bison should be awesome to behold.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Probably means nothing since it was two pioneer teams involved.

NDSU beat Valpo 64-0
    UND beat Drake 38-0
    Valpo beat Drake 24-21 last week.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Probably means nothing since it was two pioneer teams involved.

NDSU beat Valpo 64-0
    UND beat Drake 38-0
    Valpo beat Drake 24-21 last week.
    Don't get sucked into the "UND Comparative Score Approach to World Domination."

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    OK, I usually sandbag, but the argument that "NDSU has never won in the Alerus" when the last game was two decades ago doesn't hold that much water with me.

I'm not sure that all the home cooking in the world can help UND (like it did against SDSU last year) when NDSU won the game last season with their worst team in 10 years - and NDSU lost the turnover battle too! NDSU did not just beat them... they stomped UND into a thin paste. UND did not match up physically against an NDSU team that had one healthy RB.

I think that NDSU has improved this year; I'm not sure that UND has improved at all. True, they won't have to deal with the FargoDome crowd so they've got that going for them. And, of course, the game is about matchups. If UND can stop the run and pressure QP, then that might derail the Bison offense completely and then, with some timely penalties and turnover help, UND might be able to pull off a big upset - especially if they are allowed to jump on Christian Watson's back and ride him down the field like they usually do. QP hasn't seemed very aware of pressure coming so that's a big factor too.
    100% agree with you on the "NDSU has never won in the Alerus" argument. It seems irrelevant at this point. Doesn't mean UND isn't a strong team at home, but there is nothing specific to NDSU here.

Game will come down to NDSU O-Line vs UND D-Line. The Hunter Luepke game was completely unprecedented. Definitely not what UND was expecting, and no adjustments were made. I got sick of seeing the defense to to hit him high and not wrap him up.

I haven't seen any of QP, but I do think if UND forces him to throw we will be in a much better position. Have to take the run game away in this one.

Only place I can't agree is the Christian Watson stuff. They may have played him tight, but he got away his own OPI as well (Which endedup being a huge play in the game). It is what it is and Christian is a hell of an athlete, so we'll see what his impact is this weekend.

Should be a fun game. Enjoy everyone!

Completely honest question here: will the Nickel physically be there? I know theyre not playing for it, but still would be cool to see it
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

I hope not. That would be lame.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    I hope not. That would be lame.
    Why, specifically, would it be lame to have the trophy there, or to see it? I'm having trouble understanding how petty someone would have to be to be angry at the thought of seeing the trophy?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would say because the nickel is a museum piece now and has nothing to do with this regular season game.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS