Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022/2023 Recruiting

Default Re: 2022/2023 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    With the ND high school tournament going this weekend, is there anybody to keep an eye on that we may be seeing wrestle at the d1 level in the future?
    Any insight on the board re: Brock Fettig? Rumblings on the SDSU board that he may be the most recent verbal to SDSU. He looks to be having a great senior year with some good wins and a very good loss 1-0 against highly ranked gopher recruit Lyden.

Prospects for success at the next level?
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Lisbon has a stud but I belive he's a junior. Carrington also had a mean pinning machine not sure what grade he was.

The Harvey state champ and the class a heavyweight champ sure looked like football players to me. Guess the Harvey kid actually wrestled all season with a torn acl.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

And then sorry for imposing on the wrestling forum but not sure where else to talk nd state wrestling tourney but the refs missed a hell of a headgear grab in the 195lb championship match. Shitty way to lose that match. Got turned to his back because the kid twisted his headgear. Both refs were on the wrong side and couldn't see.

Lardsin must go!

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Any insight on the board re: Brock Fettig? Rumblings on the SDSU board that he may be the most recent verbal to SDSU. He looks to be having a great senior year with some good wins and a very good loss 1-0 against highly ranked gopher recruit Lyden.

Commentators during the state wrestling tournament did mention Fettig was going to SDSU. Wrestled 182 this past season but was really 170#. Probably projects at 165 in college. Long kid with good frame. Guessing he’s a guy who might take a few years to crack a starting lineup, but you never know what might happen when he gets to college.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post

IMO jr Koye Grebel of Valley City is a kid to keep an eye on. He just won the 120 pound title. His only loss of the season was a 3-2 decision to Nebraska signee Alan Koehler in the championship match at Rumble in the Red. He also has a younger brother that just won a state title as a freshman.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Solis and Barreto are in the same 132 pound bracket at the California state tournament. Both made the blood round and needed one more win to place.

Barreto was the 4 seed and lost in the quarters to the really good Brock Bobzien. He injury defaulted out and didn't place.

Solis is the 14 seed and lost a close one to the 3 seed. He'll then lost to the 9 seed

Coach Kish and Coach Blanc are both out in California watching the action and trying to keep the California pipeline going.

I went back and watched their losses and I'm excited. Solis lead almost start to finish vs the 3 seed, but gassed bad. That's fixable. Really smooth, well timed attacks for the most part and he was ok on top and bottom.

I watched 2 of Barreto's matches and like most of what I saw. He's more solidly built than Solis, and has really good movement and explosiveness. He got jacked up and pinned in the quarters, which happens. I can't imagine upper body stuff is where he ever wants to go. The one concerning part is it was not a hard or violent throw, he came up fine, walked off fine, but injury defaulted out of the wrestlebacks.
    Last edited by Big Bird; 02-27-2022 at 01:43 AM.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

BiZon Recruit Gavin Drexler won his third Wisconsin D3 title 11-1. Wasn’t challenged at all in the tournament.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Another poster told me that there is a new addition to the NDSU roster that is becoming official this week.

He can inform everyone when it becomes official

It is official, McGwire Midkiff, will be coming back to Fargo for his final year of competition. He will be moving back to Fargo in March and start training right away to compete in some freestyle events this summer. He and our family are ecstatic.