Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2022/2023 Recruiting

NDSU_grad is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2022/2023 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJoeDavola View Post
    And 24 recruit LJ Araujo from Bismarck High took second as well. Greenley while taking third actually beat his opponent in the third place place match earlier in the tournament.

I also saw 23 recruit Koye Grebel from Valley City has now committed to Iowa.
    I did t know LJ was there. Looks like he lost in the championship to a highly rated kid 4-3. Be interesting to see how Koye does at Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    I did t know LJ was there. Looks like he lost in the championship to a highly rated kid 4-3. Be interesting to see how Koye does at Iowa.
    Yea the PA kid LJ lost to was ranked 6th in the country I believe. Enzminger lost to the #7 ranked kid in the finals. Ben Deforest and Koltyn Grebel (both 25 recruits) were also out there losing out in the consi16 round I believe.

Hopefully Koye gets a shot down the road. he is a tough wrestler and good kid from all accounts. I can't imagine a year practicing with Real Woods is going to hurt him.

Izzak Olejnik the all-american Caliendo beat for 7th is in the portal. Sykora and Marsden are now following him on social media. With him having only one year of eligibility, I found the apparent interest notable. ASU, Illinois, Cornell, Northen Colorado and Wisconsin are also following him but it appears NDSU is interested in the 165er.

I missed this one, and it's pretty surprising, but hopefully is a good thing.

NDSU picked up a commitment from Buffalo 184 national qualifier Giuseppe Hoose.

He beat DJ 12-8 during the year. Hopefully this just means that they plan to redshirt DJ this year, and DJ is ok with that. If that is the case, this is a great addition

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    Izzak Olejnik the all-american Caliendo beat for 7th is in the portal. Sykora and Marsden are now following him on social media. With him having only one year of eligibility, I found the apparent interest notable. ASU, Illinois, Cornell, Northen Colorado and Wisconsin are also following him but it appears NDSU is interested in the 165er.
    Looks like Oklahoma St for Olejnik. The cowboys are on a transfer spree right now in both directions
    Last edited by PaBizon; 05-01-2023 at 11:36 AM.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

[QUOTE=Big Bird;1616526]I missed this one, and it's pretty surprising, but hopefully is a good thing.

NDSU picked up a commitment from Buffalo 184 national qualifier Giuseppe Hoose.

He beat DJ 12-8 during the year. Hopefully this just means that they plan to redshirt DJ this year, and DJ is ok with that. If that is the case, this is a great addition[/QUOTE

With Hoose being a senior this probably makes more sense than bringing in a younger guy like Rogotzke. DJ redshirts to get ready to make an AA run his last two years. Here’s to hoping that’s how it goes.

Lools like Hoose has deleted all NDSU commitment references on social media.

NDSU_grad is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If that’s the only guy we lose with Kish moving on I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    If that’s the only guy we lose with Kish moving on I can live with it.
    I think Marsden will be the key. With Kish taking more of a CEO role recently, really think blanc/Marsden/Sykora will be the important aspect of retention vs following Kish.

Unless DJ was planning on redshirting this year or gets hurt it’s not a loss