Thread: Klieman News

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Klieman News

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Klieman goes on ESPN today to basically say he wants to stay at K State

https://twitter.com/KStateFB/status/...903964162?s=20

why the HELL didn't NDSU have Chris & Gene lead us into the FBS

how stupid of us
    In the words of Denzel Washington in "Philadelphia," explain this to me like I'm a six year old. How would Chris and Gene have taken NDSU to the FBS with no conference invitations?

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    In the words of Denzel Washington in "Philadelphia," explain this to me like I'm a six year old. How would Chris and Gene have taken NDSU to the FBS with no conference invitations?
    you can goto the fbs thread. I promised Tony not to splatter fbs all over even though you asked..
    it's called soliciting.. sales 101..grease the skids

K State at Iowa St. let's go NDSU SOUTH!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

The answer is by doing stuff and things
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Big game tonight for Kansas State & Coach Klieman:

No. 17 Kansas State at No. 8 TCU (7:00 CST FS1)

ESPN says Current line: TCU -3.5 (down from -5 on Sunday) | SP+ projection: TCU by 4.0 | FPI projection: TCU by 5.6.

I always hate when a college team is up pretty big against a good, well coached team because it's hard to make adjustments, but for the losing team is easy to make adjustments. So It look like it's TCU's game now. 38-28 TCU now with about 10:00 left in the 4th

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Bison View Post
    I always hate when a college team is up pretty big against a good, well coached team because it's hard to make adjustments, but for the losing team is easy to make adjustments. So It look like it's TCU's game now. 38-28 TCU now with about 10:00 left in the 4th
    1. Klieman needs to recruit a kicker.
    2. Don't go for it on 4th down, when you're down by 3 points and at your own 30 yard line.
    3. Their last drive before the half the took over after TCU failed on downs: If KSU gets a first down there, they perhaps would have gotten a field goal, and at the very least prevented a TCU touchdown just before halftime.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Klieman should of punted, he should have that instilled in him from Coach Bohl..

I didn't like the ending, K State and Klieman had a shot at a HUGE win, now they might regress back to the mean.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It seems like Klieman gets these weird spurts of aggressiveness. Reminds me of the JMU semifinal when he decided to try a long field goal when momentum was with NDSU instead of pinning them deep and playing defense.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    1. Klieman needs to recruit a kicker.
    2. Don't go for it on 4th down, when you're down by 3 points and at your own 30 yard line.
    3. Their last drive before the half the took over after TCU failed on downs: If KSU gets a first down there, they perhaps would have gotten a field goal, and at the very least prevented a TCU touchdown just before halftime.
    Good points. Sounds like they'll be giving their 2nd and 3rd string kickers opportunities going forward.
    Interesting how K-State's game against TCU paralleled our game against SDSU. Played a nearly flawless first half, but a couple small plays gave all the momentum to TCU going into the 2nd half, even though they were down big.
    Talking with K-Staters I work with, it's interesting to hear where they place blame. They all blame Kleiman for the poor play-calling and offense in the 2nd half that cost them the win. Collin Klein gets a pass because he's KSU's golden child. On multiple occasions this season, Klein has gone into his turtle shell and reverted to calling QB run into stacked boxes.

I have to remind the KSU fans repeatedly that 1. Klein is calling the plays. 2. He's doing the same thing that got Messingham fired. 3. The kicker stinks and should also take some blame. 4. Maybe also consider your defense giving up 38?

Hopefully, they put together a complete game today against OSU. Sound familiar?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Hopefully, they put together a complete game today against OSU. Sound familiar?
    It's almost like fans forget the other teams have coaches who prepare and players who are recruited to a D1 level as well. And just because a play doesn't work doesn't mean it was an incorrect play call. Could be player execution. I see plays all the time that aren't logical but they work and suddenly it was a great play call! Screen pass on 3rd and 18. Blocker makes a great block or defender makes an incorrect read she it goes for 25 and a first down. What a great play call! But a receiver misses a block or a defender sniffs it out and comes off his assignment and drops him for no gain. Horrible play call! Coach should be fired!

Football is hard and winning consistently is hard. What the Bison have done is incredible and very unlikely. What they are doing now is normal for very good teams.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk