Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest FCS game on Oct 2 upgraded to ESPN 2

Default Re: Biggest FCS game on Oct 2 upgraded to ESPN 2

Agree. The game is at 10:30 eastern time. Not a lot of football games to choose from that late. Will be good exposure for the FCS.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Also, doesn't the Big Sky's new contract with ESPN mandate a couple games on ESPNU or better each year? Why doesn't the MVFC have something similar? My guess is because it's a one sport conference? Apples to Apples, the UND/NDSU game is much better, and it isn't on that nasty red field.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Butt we are BISONNATION!!!! WE DESERVE EVERYTHING!!!! So dumb!!! I posted that on FB this weekend when people were emailing FLO telling them they sucked...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Then why isn’t ESPN picking up our game instead? I feel like getting our game on ESPN2 is worthy no matter who we are playing. I’ll take all the national exposure we can get especially with all of these conference realignments
    I wasnt being facetious- I'm 100% serious when I say no one in the FCS matters outside of us, haha! I agree with you, if given the choice, I think our game deserves ESPN 2, and I would love the extra exposure! I am in total agreement with you
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Default Biggest FCS game on Oct 2 upgraded to ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Or Montana 111, EWU 56.
    Unless Dave Dickenson has received a COVID Do-over of his last season, I find the Montana score of 111 unlikely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good for them. Helps that they're on Pacific time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Agree. The game is at 10:30 eastern time. Not a lot of football games to choose from that late. Will be good exposure for the FCS.
    Thank god it's going to be that late. Not as many people needing retina transplants from that red turf!

Hope NDSU can make deep runs in the playoffs as getting ESPN to broadcast a game during the regular season without an FBS game is nil and none. We are in flyover country and media loves the coastal states and Montana where many from the coast own land. Doesn't matter if we won 8 of the last 10 nattys, we are irrelevant to them and they hope we go away! Being FCS just adds to the excuse to ignore us. Need to move to FBS as soon as possible or what little momentum is left will be gone.

Maybe if we had Deion Sanders for a head coach we would be on the ESPN networks more often.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Hope NDSU can make deep runs in the playoffs as getting ESPN to broadcast a game during the regular season without an FBS game is nil and none. We are in flyover country and media loves the coastal states and Montana where many from the coast own land. Doesn't matter if we won 8 of the last 10 nattys, we are irrelevant to them and they hope we go away! Being FCS just adds to the excuse to ignore us. Need to move to FBS as soon as possible or what little momentum is left will be gone.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Maybe if we had Deion Sanders for a head coach we would be on the ESPN networks more often.
    He prefers "Coach Prime"....

I can just see him putting McFooly in his place already. Might be worth it just for that reason alone haha