Page 60 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-2022 Season

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021-2022 Season

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    I believe that you are close to JVM. After his good free-style season, scoring points like crazy, and getting a win over a guy like Verkeeren, my hopes got up. I thought he was on the verge of being an NCAA qualifier as a freshman, and I expected he was on track to make it the next three years. But, that never quite happened, and I take it that it didn't end on good terms. I'd love to hear more about how the coaches did or didn't contribute to that. I am all for improvements.

I haven't seen the purely anti-Kish posters on here too much lately. Those guys liked to remind us that we haven't recruited any all-Americans since Kish took over. I think that is likely to change soon, but we'll have to wait and see. From my outside perspective, the team seems to be improving, especially since the new assistants have arrived. We were seconds away from having two AA's last year, and the guys seemed to peak at the right time the last couple of years.
    I agree about the assistant coaches. I said last year that you could see the positive impact that Obenson and the others were making. And this year I’ve seen plenty of attempts at the Cam Sykora turn. As for having watch JVM I too thought he’d progress to a couple time national qualifier. Maybe injuries had something to do with it but I know I was at a number of matches where the coaches were imploring him to attempt a certain move that looked available and he never did. Would be interested to know what No Fear has to say about my thoughts.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    I believe that you are close to JVM. After his good free-style season, scoring points like crazy, and getting a win over a guy like Verkeeren, my hopes got up. I thought he was on the verge of being an NCAA qualifier as a freshman, and I expected he was on track to make it the next three years. But, that never quite happened, and I take it that it didn't end on good terms. I'd love to hear more about how the coaches did or didn't contribute to that. I am all for improvements.

I haven't seen the purely anti-Kish posters on here too much lately. Those guys liked to remind us that we haven't recruited any all-Americans since Kish took over. I think that is likely to change soon, but we'll have to wait and see. From my outside perspective, the team seems to be improving, especially since the new assistants have arrived. We were seconds away from having two AA's last year, and the guys seemed to peak at the right time the last couple of years.
    Verkleeren is a perfect example of someone that regressed. Highly recruited and committed to Iowa St. Then Penn St comes calling and he flips. Has a very mediocre career at PSU and is now at Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Plus, with Metz, while he has great greco accolades, there are very few guys with his body type AAing anymore. The HWT weight class has gotten so athletic and so good. Gable, Parris, Kerkvleit, Cass, Hendrickson, Elam, so on and so on are all really high level athletes. Throw in other guys like Schultz and Stencel who are massive and have high accolades and AAing at HWT is just so damn difficult. I think Metz is wrestling the best he ever has this year and still has a minimal chance at AAing. A guy like Trent Hillger will have an uphill battle just to AA, whereas 5-10 years ago, he's probably an easy 5 guy each year.
    I will be interested to see how Cassioppi does this year. He had more of a Metz body type and dominated pretty much everybody outside of Gable and Parris. This year he’s chiseled and in much better shape but IMO not dominating like he was when he was heavier. Anxious to see how the match against Kerk goes on Friday night

Owen Pentz is 8th in the country in falls for the year

https://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/...ut-2022-season

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Owen Pentz is 8th in the country in falls for the year

https://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/...ut-2022-season
    Gable Steveson gets all the love and attention at 285 and he deserves it, but Wyatt Hendrickson is really fun to watch and thought he might even be higher on the list in 1st by himself. I know Gable killed him at the ncaa last year but I want to see a rematch.
    Last edited by Portlandbison; 01-27-2022 at 12:54 AM.

Here’s to hoping the BiZon got in a good week of practice and come out firing today. I’m an optimist so I’ll go:

125 WV - 5
    133 NDSU - 3
    141 NDSU - 3
    149 WV - 3
    157 NDSU - 4
    165 WV - 4
    174 NDSU - 3
    184 NDSU - 3
    197 NDSU - 6
    HWT NDSU - 3

NDSU 25
    WV 12

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Here’s to hoping the BiZon got in a good week of practice and come out firing today. I’m an optimist so I’ll go:

125 WV - 5
    133 NDSU - 3
    141 NDSU - 3
    149 WV - 3
    157 NDSU - 4
    165 WV - 4
    174 NDSU - 3
    184 NDSU - 3
    197 NDSU - 6
    HWT NDSU - 3

NDSU 25
    WV 12
    To me, 149, 174, 184, and HWT are the best battles. Hoping Weber can have a much better performance against Hall at 165 this time out too. Sax beat Boyd during the Scuffle, but the big key will be who gets the first takedown in that one.

Starting at 157 and no Brenner at 174 again and Henningson will wrestle at 133. Without March and Brenner, they could lose this

With no March and Brenner I’ll go 19-18 BiZon

Huge redemption for Weber!