Page 14 of 126 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-2022 Season

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021-2022 Season

Bison are 5-26 on the season against ranked wrestlers. True Freshman Michael Caliendo has 2 of the five wins. Weber, Franek and Droegemueller have one each. If you back out Caliendo and the rest of the unattached/true freshman they’re 3-19. They should see plenty of ranked wrestlers at the Southern Scuffle to open the new year. Hoping to see some quality wins there.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    It is really something that we have a shot at up-to 8 NCAA qualifiers with the current line-up. Hopefully we can bolster those chances with some good showings at the Scuffle.

I could be wrong, but based on what I've seen here, including one ephemeral post, I think it is very unlikely that we will see JVM in the lineup again.
    Did I miss something? Why don’t you think We’ll see JVM again this year? Injury? I have to believe he’s the best option at 149 if healthy.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Bison are 5-26 on the season against ranked wrestlers. True Freshman Michael Caliendo has 2 of the five wins. Weber, Franek and Droegemueller have one each. If you back out Caliendo and the rest of the unattached/true freshman they’re 3-19. They should see plenty of ranked wrestlers at the Southern Scuffle to open the new year. Hoping to see some quality wins there.
    Wasn’t the kid from Buffalo that March beat ranked? Unless I misinterpreted your post.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Wasn’t the kid from Buffalo that March beat ranked? Unless I misinterpreted your post.
    According to the NDSU’s wrestling stats March is 0-1 against ranked wrestlers.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    According to the NDSU’s wrestling stats March is 0-1 against ranked wrestlers.
    Gotcha. Just looked at InterMat and they have Spann at 29 and March at 28. I think Spann was 23 when March wrestled him. Maybe NDSU is using Flo?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Gotcha. Just looked at InterMat and they have Spann at 29 and March at 28. I think Spann was 23 when March wrestled him. Maybe NDSU is using Flo?
    Usually when NDSU puts out wrestler rankings they use both Flo and Intermat so I’m not sure. Could just be a miss on the part of whomever is doing the ndsu stats.

Dylan Droegemueller, Jaden Van Maanen, and Jared Franek all graduated on Friday.

According to NDSU Wrestling tweets, Dylan graduated with a Finance degree, Franek with a Sports Management degree, and Van Maanen with a Psychology and Sociology degree.

Congrats to all three

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Dylan Droegemueller, Jaden Van Maanen, and Jared Franek all graduated on Friday.

According to NDSU Wrestling tweets, Dylan graduated with a Finance degree, Franek with a Sports Management degree, and Van Maanen with a Psychology and Sociology degree.

Congrats to all three
    Flo Wrestling did a number of campus visits and interviews before the season started. They caught up with Jared Franek while he was working at a BiZon football game. Said he wanted to use his major and minor (Business Administration) to get some kind of marketing position. The interviewer asked him if he planned on using all three of the years of eligibility he has remaining since this is his 4th year in the program. He said nothing is locked in stone but that is the plan as of now.

JVM was told this summer to quit and move on from wrestling from the coaching staff
    Last edited by NoFear; 12-20-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
    JVM was told this summer to quit and move on from wrestling from the coaching staff
    Why did he wrestle in the Cal Baptist dual?