Page 106 of 126 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1252

Thread: 2021-2022 Season

Default Re: 2021-2022 Season

Owen Pentz is the #22 seed and will face #11 seed Tommie Penola of Purdue.

If he wins, he would face #6 seed Jacob Warner of Iowa. If he someohow wins his first two, he would have Eric Schultz who he pinned last year.

Odd that Pentz beat Woodley at B12s and Woodley is the 13 seed, and Pentz is 22.

Pentz has beaten both the #2 and #3 seed in this bracket.

Honestly, he's an underdog in every single match, but Pentz can beat every single guy he is likely to face

Ooof, Metz is the #29 seed and will face #4 Greg Kerkvleit of Penn State.

Good news is he will have Orndorff or Doyle in wrestlbacks, which are very winnable if Brandon is healthy.

All in all, NDSU has a good chance in 4 of their 5 first round matches.

I don't like Franek's path on the front side, but I haven't dug into his potential wrestleback possibilites.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    I think Franek can beat O'Connor, but to have a returning national champ (at 149) who is 17-2 in the second round is a huge WTF. Why is O'Connor seeded that low?
    Maybe they they are taking into account his torn ACL, even though he wrestled with it in the conference tourneys where he lost a close match to Scott? Would he have been better of if he had MFF through the ACC?
    Last edited by Portlandbison; 03-10-2022 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    Maybe they they are taking into account his torn ACL, even though he wrestled with it in the conference tourneys where he lost a close match to Scott? Would he have been better of if he had MFF through the ACC?
    I have to think he would have been better off MFF, which is a problem, and they are taking the ACL into account (which they didn't for Eierman, who reportedly has a torn ACL).

Jared is stronger than AOC, but AOC's scrambling worries me big time. If his mobility and flexibility are severely limited by the ACL injury, Jared will have a much better chance. That being said, Ed Scott is really damn good and AOC was right there with a bum ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Weber is the 16 seed and will have #17 seed Brian Meyer of Lehigh in the first round. Very tough first round matchup.

A win would see Weber take on top seeded Evan Wick.
    If Weber beats Meyer to face Wick, it will be a rematch from November of 2016 in which Wick won by MD. Crazy that they faced each other in college the same month the cubs won the world series and trump won the election.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    If Weber beats Meyer to face Wick, it will be a rematch from November of 2016 in which Wick won by MD. Crazy that they faced each other in college the same month the cubs won the world series and trump won the election.
    I think Suriano graduated high school in 2014. It’s crazy how old some of these seniors are.

I think Dylan and Pentz will pull off upsets tomorrow morning and weber gets a close win vs Meyer. The metz match is the only matchup I dont think will go our way. If they find a way to be 4-1 after Thursday morning I will be ecstatic. Super excited to see what can Dylan can do and think he will come out of this tournament with a few wins.

Probably too optimistic, but why not.

I think Dylan has a great chance at a round 1 upset.

Franek and Weber should both win as well. Model's calling card is his gas tank, and that is also a huge strength for Franek, so I'm not too worried there. Weber needs to be aggressive, the more points scored in his opoening match, the better his odds are. Meyer doesn't have a ton of offense.

Pentz is an underdog, but Penola is beatable. Have to get him early though, as his gas tank is quite a bit better than Owen's. As crazy as it sounds, there isn't a single guy on his side of the bracket that Pentz can't beat. He's beaten the 2 and 3 seeds, and nobody is that scary. If he's healthy, he has a real chance in every match.

If I'm Metz, I'm forcing a throw vs Kerk. Realistically, it is his only chance. Kerk is too fast, too strong, and too good to beat in a 7 minute match.

Today is one of my favorite days of the year with the NCAA wrestling and basketball tournaments starting. Perfect day to take off from work to grab some drinks, pull up a CBS channel and ESPN, and watch some battles on the hardwood and the mat.

It's an awesome day for sure. Now with legalized sports gambling and the ability to watch all 4 basketball games and all of the mats it's almost overwhelming.