Page 39 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-2022 Season

Default Re: 2021-2022 Season

NDSU comfortably takes 2nd as a team

We don't have any non-conference left on our schedule except for Little Rock, so in my mind, this was our best opportunity to try to help pick up AQ spots for the conference. I think Brenner solidified his position, and maybe even Sax is a possibility now. On the other hand, it was a missed opportunity for guys like March and Droegemeuller who I think are on the bubble. It's hard for me to say that March's losses were too bad (2nd and 7th? place), but he didn't really have a chance to beat anybody either. For Parker, I'm not sure that 8th place at the Scuffle is quite enough to get there.

Really liked what Sax/Franek/Brenner/Metz did this weekend. Disappointed in Weber and March but after a long layoff not going to panic.

Just hoping Sax is able to get healthy after tonight's injury and whatever caused Dylan not to compete isn't anything serious as well.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looks like SDSU added transfer Gabriel Tagg to their roster. He’s a former top 40 recruit that signed with North Carolina but never wrestled in a dual for them. He has had some success on the freestyle circuit. He wrestled today in an extra match at and secured a TF. I’m guessing he’ll take over at 133 which was one of if not their weakest weight(s).
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Dual vs UVU is off. Hopefully the Wyoming dual happens

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Looks like SDSU added transfer Gabriel Tagg to their roster. He’s a former top 40 recruit that signed with North Carolina but never wrestled in a dual for them. He has had some success on the freestyle circuit. He wrestled today in an extra match at and secured a TF. I’m guessing he’ll take over at 133 which was one of if not their weakest weight(s).
    SDSU has NCAA qualifier Zach Price in the portal along with Freshman Tate Battani.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    SDSU has NCAA qualifier Zach Price in the portal along with Freshman Tate Battani.
    Ya I saw that. Wonder what the deal is there as he was the starter at 149 and if I remember correctly a round of 12 Qualifier last year. I know he wrestled 133 last year and bumped up two weights, Probably due to Carlson being at 141. Has to be a tough loss especially at this time of the season. Battani left Iowa St for SDSU this season. Seems like a job hopper.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Ya I saw that. Wonder what the deal is there as he was the starter at 149 and if I remember correctly a round of 12 Qualifier last year. I know he wrestled 133 last year and bumped up two weights, Probably due to Carlson being at 141. Has to be a tough loss especially at this time of the season. Battani left Iowa St for SDSU this season. Seems like a job hopper.
    Price just wasn't good enough at 149 and I think Kimball and Martin are better options than him right now. Gas tank wasn't there with the added muscle and he no longer had the length and strength advantages he had at 133. He probably needs to be a 141 for someone, and he can't be that at SDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Price just wasn't good enough at 149 and I think Kimball and Martin are better options than him right now. Gas tank wasn't there with the added muscle and he no longer had the length and strength advantages he had at 133. He probably needs to be a 141 for someone, and he can't be that at SDSU.
    Is 141 a better fit for him? Absolutely. However, Price beat Kimball and Kimball beat Martin this season so I don’t know if they’re necessarily better options than him at 149. I watched his last match against Voinovich from Okie State (5-3 Loss) and he looked fine both size wise and strength wise. I watched kimball in the southern scuffle and in the UNI dual (9-5 loss to Non starter Tristan Lara) and he was far from impressive. IMO Price is better even at a weight it seems he doesn’t want to be at.

Default 2021-2022 Season

I believe Marko is also off SDSU roster, not sure if he’s looking to transfer or not? I know he was considering NDSU before he transferred to SDSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk