106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay in the FCS indefinitely

7 6.60%
  • Move up to the FBS division

70 66.04%
  • Stay idle and wait it out for now

29 27.36%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see happen?

Default Re: What would you like to see happen?

There has never been a better time to move up than now. Ideally an AAC invite or MWC, but even MAC might make sense in some ways (use it as a springboard to an even better conference) though I personally would prefer to not go to the MAC. I think Sunbelt and CUSA are just too far away geographically to make sense, but I'd still prefer them over MAC.

I get the feeling that if we get an invite anywhere it will be football only and we'll be stuck in the Summit for the rest of our sports just like now.

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post

I get the feeling that if we get an invite anywhere it will be football only and we'll be stuck in the Summit for the rest of our sports just like now.
    I'm totally fine with this for the interim
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I'm totally fine with this for the interim
    I would not only be fine with this, I think it's a great scenario. The Summit is a great league for everything but football and gives us a realistic shot at the big dance most years.

I feel like tjamz does on the conferences for FOOTBALL. Here would be my order of preference. Sunbelt feels weird at first but Appy, Georgia Southern would be fun and everyone could giggle about NDSU being in the "sun" belt.

MWC
    AAC
    Sunbelt
    ConfUSA
    MAC
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I would not only be fine with this, I think it's a great scenario. The Summit is a great league for everything but football and gives us a realistic shot at the big dance most years.

I feel like tjamz does on the conferences for FOOTBALL. Here would be my order of preference. Sunbelt feels weird at first but Appy, Georgia Southern would be fun and everyone could giggle about NDSU being in the "sun" belt.

MWC
    AAC
    Sunbelt
    ConfUSA
    MAC
    not only that it keeps the mouthbreathers up north and their fans in the Legislature quiet as the perception the undies are still on the same level stays, as most those 80yr olds don't really know the difference in anything
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

There has never been a better time to move up than now. Ideally an AAC invite or MWC, but even MAC might make sense in some ways (use it as a springboard to an even better conference) though I personally would prefer to not go to the MAC. I think Sunbelt and CUSA are just too far away geographically to make sense, but I'd still prefer them over MAC.

For some reasons the MAC schools dont leave. Maybe that will change now with AAC openings.

Agreed on all accounts.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    There have been a few big donors pulling back because they want FBS.
    I bet there is !

heck I sat w Gary Tharaldson & RD Offutt & part Owner of Timberwolves in a limo outside Frisco Stadium in 2013 & got them 4 tickets...

THOSE are the type of guys NDSU would get excited & come back if NDSU was making a big splash in the FBS

hell FBS would HELP our Olympic sports & Basketball. we'd play better competition & get much better recruits
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    For some reasons the MAC schools dont leave. Maybe that will change now with AAC openings.
    Because they are all similar schools in close proximity to each other that don't fit in the Power 5 model. They don't gain much by moving to a different G5 conference.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I bet there is !

heck I sat w Gary Tharaldson & RD Offutt & part Owner of Timberwolves in a limo outside Frisco Stadium in 2013 & got them 4 tickets...

THOSE are the type of guys NDSU would get excited & come back if NDSU was making a big splash in the FBS

hell FBS would HELP our Olympic sports & Basketball. we'd play better competition & get much better recruits
    No one believes stories like this. Literally no one.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Same for me. I’d do MAC just to get in for a while. AAC would be great but almost no chance. MWC would be awesome but very doubtful. I’d be fine with the Sun Belt and CUSA but like AAC they are too far away. A football only member would be the smart move I suppose. I really thing we could go for all in the MAC and maybe MWC. That’s a big maybe.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS