Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Valpo Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Valpo Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It was really 5 since the Watson one was called a pass lol.

Given the opponent and the fact they want to keep everything off tape, it's strategic

Who would be dumb enough to throw a pass when you averaged almost 11 yards per carry
    I think it would have been an ok idea to give Quincy some more passing opps, since we are obviously not going to run all over teams in the MVFC like we did today.
    Also, since the game was never in doubt, I see no harm in passing. Your point makes sense against an actual opponent in the MVFC, but I really wish they'd give him more opportunities during this game so he can get more comfortable throwing to his guys at game speed instead of practice.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I think it would have been an ok idea to give Quincy some more passing opps, since we are obviously not going to run all over teams in the MVFC like we did today.
    Also, since the game was never in doubt, I see no harm in passing. Your point makes sense against an actual opponent in the MVFC, but I really wish they'd give him more opportunities during this game so he can get more comfortable throwing to his guys at game speed instead of practice.
    Totally agree. Shit like this has bitten us in the past, specifically '16. We rolled through the regular season without really working out the kinks in our passing game and JMU made us pay for it in the playoffs by stacking the box. They dared us to beat them by passing the ball and we couldn't.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    They make practice so hard they game is the easy part. They will unleash when the time is right

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Totally agree. Shit like this has bitten us in the past, specifically '16. We rolled through the regular season without really working out the kinks in our passing game and JMU made us pay for it in the playoffs by stacking the box. They dared us to beat them by passing the ball and we couldn't.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    In 2016 Stick had a three game stretch where he threw 7 picks, 3 in the loss to the Jacks. After that stretch we gave up on our passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    In 2016 Stick had a three game stretch where he threw 7 picks, 3 in the loss to the Jacks. After that stretch we gave up on our passing game.
    We also lost almost all of our 2 deep dline against probably the best rushing FCS team we’ve ever played.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Nothing to take away from this game. I know its Valpo, but this offense has the makes of being pretty explosive.

That game was sad. Barely touched at times. Tried explaining to my buddies that this was going to be a blowout on another level. Nowhere close to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Nothing to take away from this game. I know its Valpo, but this offense has the makes of being pretty explosive.
    If Quincy continues to step up I honestly think that excluding 2019 it’s by far the most talented and deep we’ve ever been on offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post

That game was sad. Barely touched at times. Tried explaining to my buddies that this was going to be a blowout on another level. Nowhere close to us.
    Im pumped by the possibilities in out running game. When your fullback was a feature back and we actually hand him the ball out of all formations, that's a rarity. Throw in QP2 at QB, 2 quick smaller guys in Bus and Kobe... oh and I forgot about Dom and Tamerick. We have the best running back room we've ever had. The only thing we lack is that bell cow but that seems to be a thing of the past

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Im pumped by the possibilities in out running game. When your fullback was a feature back and we actually hand him the ball out of all formations, that's a rarity. Throw in QP2 at QB, 2 quick smaller guys in Bus and Kobe... oh and I forgot about Dom and Tamerick. We have the best running back room we've ever had. The only thing we lack is that bell cow but that seems to be a thing of the past
    Maybe deepest, but Lance/Bruce/King was best.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    If Quincy continues to step up I honestly think that excluding 2019 it’s by far the most talented and deep we’ve ever been on offense.
    He was best QB on field today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.