Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Sagarin Says

Default Re: 2021 Sagarin Says

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    *FCS media and coaches voters

Voters on AGS are pretty good. Most take the time to do what you say and take the body of work into account. I would argue that AGS as a message board has become pretty worthless to read, but the poll is good.

1/2 on AGS this week is interesting. SDSU is in first place by a single point, but SHSU received 29 first place votes compared to SDSU's 20. JMU/Montana/NDSU ranked 3/4/5, but fairly close together in points. UND ranked 8. UNI ranked 16.
    I mean that’s my point. A message board poll is better than the official polls, and some years better than the selection committee.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    It’s really gross to NDSU at 99!!!! What the actual F? It’s just doesn’t look right. We used to be in the 35-45 range. I know it means nothing but its so gross.
    It’s gotta be the lowest we’ve been ranked since before our first FCS natty right?

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    It’s gotta be the lowest we’ve been ranked since before our first FCS natty right?
    Been a long time for sure....but we are still penalized for our terrible Spring in Sagarin.....and it will be tricky to move up until that data is jettisoned. Example, we need to beat Valpo by over 45 to move a bit....less and we might fall. LOL

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    *FCS media and coaches voters

Voters on AGS are pretty good. Most take the time to do what you say and take the body of work into account. I would argue that AGS as a message board has become pretty worthless to read, but the poll is good.

1/2 on AGS this week is interesting. SDSU is in first place by a single point, but SHSU received 29 first place votes compared to SDSU's 20. JMU/Montana/NDSU ranked 3/4/5, but fairly close together in points. UND ranked 8. UNI ranked 16.
    UNI has a history of wetting the bed. They'll play Iowa/Iowa St tough, NDSU tough, then end up with a 3-5 record. People are tired of UNI being .500 and top 25, so show me something UNI, win game instead of playing good teams tough. They've been mental midgets for the last decade, up for the good, down for the bad.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Been a long time for sure....but we are still penalized for our terrible Spring in Sagarin.....and it will be tricky to move up until that data is jettisoned. Example, we need to beat Valpo by over 45 to move a bit....less and we might fall. LOL
    Yeah we need to put 50 on em and then curb stomp some ranked teams then win the Natty again and then beat Arizona next year. Wash rinse repeat. I feel like we are slumming it with the poor.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

It’s really gross to NDSU at 99!!!! What the actual F? It’s just doesn’t look right. We used to be in the 35-45 range. I know it means nothing but its so gross.
    Agreed. Feel like i need a shower after seeing this. Life was grand when they were anywhere from 15 to 35

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    We started 2011 at #120 in the preseason ratings
    It's OK to not be OK.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

At least get back to a respectable 55 or something.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Yeah we need to put 50 on em and then curb stomp some ranked teams then win the Natty again and then beat Arizona next year. Wash rinse repeat. I feel like we are slumming it with the poor.
    I don't think, with our play calling, we're gonna hang 50 on anyone. It isn't because FCS has improved, but rather, I suspect we've regressed.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

Not gonna happen with Roehl's calling plays and Entz not wanting to run up the score (despite the comments from last week). Bison could have run all over the Albany for 90 points if they had stuck with the running game, but NOPE.... decided Bison needed to pass to kill the mojo. It'll be more of the same against Valpo.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!