Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 147

Thread: 2021 Sagarin Says

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,427
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default 2021 Sagarin Says

    Not out yet today, but place to discuss Sagarin. I wonder if there will be some early swings due to getting non-conf football that was non-existent last year.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,427
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: 2021 Sagarin Says

    Now that I think of it, I bet it won't be until tomorrow due to game tonight.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,427
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: 2021 Sagarin Says

    FCS top 25 per Sagarin (still a bit off and overvaluing the Fighting Fire Trucks, but tier 1 power team ranks are reasonable):

    62 South Dakota State AA = 72.16 1 0 62.37( 114) 0 0 | 0 0 | 71.65 67 | 66.59 59 | 65.51 68 MISSOURI VALLEY
    97 James Madison AA = 66.61 1 0 24.84( 227) 0 0 | 0 0 | 67.42 91 | 59.56 99 | 60.38 98 COLONIAL
    98 Montana AA = 66.53 1 0 77.78( 29) 0 0 | 0 0 | 65.77 99 | 61.25 90 | 59.83 102 BIG SKY
    99 North Dakota State AA = 66.10 1 0 42.64( 181) 0 0 | 0 0 | 65.11 103 | 60.59 93 | 60.40 97 MISSOURI VALLEY
    106 Sam Houston State AA = 63.99 1 0 47.97( 167) 0 0 | 0 0 | 63.68 108 | 58.02 106 | 57.73 109 AQ7
    109 North Dakota AA = 62.90 1 0 46.88( 170) 0 0 | 0 0 | 62.14 111 | 57.32 110 | 56.85 112 MISSOURI VALLEY
    110 Northern Iowa AA = 62.90 0 1 84.50( 13) 0 0 | 0 1 | 64.24 106 | 55.24 116 | 56.82 114 MISSOURI VALLEY
    114 Southern Illinois AA = 61.91 1 0 46.06( 173) 0 0 | 0 0 | 61.57 112 | 55.96 115 | 55.69 119 MISSOURI VALLEY

    119 Weber State AA = 60.42 0 1 82.51( 18) 0 0 | 0 1 | 60.93 114 | 53.24 126 | 55.09 122 BIG SKY
    123 Eastern Washington AA = 59.72 1 0 57.77( 131) 0 0 | 0 0 | 58.26 127 | 54.83 118 | 53.69 125 BIG SKY
    125 Princeton AA = 58.84 0 0 0.00( 0) 0 0 | 0 0 | 58.84 124 | 58.84 101 | 58.84 106 IVY LEAGUE
    126 Montana State AA = 58.18 0 1 71.09( 65) 0 0 | 0 0 | 59.48 120 | 50.32 135 | 52.64 129 BIG SKY
    127 UC Davis AA = 58.12 1 0 67.45( 90) 0 0 | 0 0 | 57.38 130 | 52.72 129 | 51.60 133 BIG SKY
    129 Missouri State AA = 57.20 0 1 80.27( 25) 0 0 | 0 1 | 58.45 126 | 49.61 142 | 51.10 136 MISSOURI VALLEY
    130 Samford AA = 57.19 1 0 34.77( 217) 0 0 | 0 0 | 57.97 128 | 50.24 138 | 50.71 140 SOUTHERN
    131 SE Louisiana AA = 57.10 1 0 43.88( 178) 0 0 | 0 0 | 56.39 133 | 51.49 131 | 50.97 139 SOUTHLAND
    136 Villanova AA = 56.43 1 0 35.23( 215) 0 0 | 0 0 | 56.97 132 | 49.68 140 | 50.04 144 COLONIAL
    137 Delaware AA = 55.61 1 0 44.57( 177) 0 0 | 0 0 | 53.76 145 | 50.98 133 | 49.79 145 COLONIAL
    138 Illinois State AA = 55.58 1 0 20.23( 229) 0 0 | 0 0 | 55.00 141 | 49.54 143 | 50.13 143 MISSOURI VALLEY
    142 East Tennessee State AA = 55.14 1 0 57.91( 130) 0 0 | 0 0 | 54.48 143 | 49.65 141 | 48.61 149 SOUTHERN
    143 Sacramento State AA = 54.90 1 0 41.68( 191) 0 0 | 0 0 | 53.06 150 | 50.23 139 | 49.15 147 BIG SKY
    144 Furman AA = 54.49 1 0 45.78( 175) 0 0 | 0 0 | 53.53 148 | 49.13 145 | 48.35 151 SOUTHERN
    145 South Dakota AA = 54.44 0 1 64.70( 100) 0 0 | 0 0 | 55.68 135 | 46.45 156 | 49.20 146 MISSOURI VALLEY
    147 Dartmouth AA = 53.74 0 0 0.00( 0) 0 0 | 0 0 | 53.74 146 | 53.74 123 | 53.74 124 IVY LEAGUE
    148 Central Arkansas AA = 53.71 0 1 70.21( 68) 0 0 | 0 0 | 54.03 144 | 46.55 155 | 48.77 148 AQ7

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    8,185

    Default Re: 2021 Sagarin Says

    NDSU's rating went up 0.68 after week 1, but dropped in the ratings from 2nd to 4th among FCS teams Valpo is 4th from the bottom in the ratings and is a 45.5 point underdog at NDSU.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,427
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: 2021 Sagarin Says

    Most comical thing I saw in national polls this week was UNI not being ranked; not sure what planet those morons live.....its like they can't accept just how good the Valley is.

    BTW, many on social media are ripping on Sam Houston being ranked by some #1.....I watched that Northern Arizona game; they beat them like a red headed stepchild just like a #1 team should. They basically have everyone back, so I am not getting the disdain for Sam when they showed how good they were last year.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    177

    Default Re: 2021 Sagarin Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    NDSU's rating went up 0.68 after week 1, but dropped in the ratings from 2nd to 4th among FCS teams Valpo is 4th from the bottom in the ratings and is a 45.5 point underdog at NDSU.
    It's always nice to see your team ranked highly. But this early in the season Sagarin ratings are essentially meaningless. Especially following such a screwy year as last year.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    3,033

    Default Re: 2021 Sagarin Says

    Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Most comical thing I saw in national polls this week was UNI not being ranked; not sure what planet those morons live.....its like they can't accept just how good the Valley is.

    BTW, many on social media are ripping on Sam Houston being ranked by some #1.....I watched that Northern Arizona game; they beat them like a red headed stepchild just like a #1 team should. They basically have everyone back, so I am not getting the disdain for Sam when they showed how good they were last year.
    Well northern Arizona is a red headed stepchild so

    Yes, FCS voters are the laziest ever. Just slot vote everyone. You lose, you move down; win, you move up. Doesn’t matter against who and the whole body of work is never taken into account.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    13,921

    Default Re: 2021 Sagarin Says

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well northern Arizona is a red headed stepchild so

    Yes, FCS voters are the laziest ever. Just slot vote everyone. You lose, you move down; win, you move up. Doesn’t matter against who and the whole body of work is never taken into account.
    *FCS media and coaches voters

    Voters on AGS are pretty good. Most take the time to do what you say and take the body of work into account. I would argue that AGS as a message board has become pretty worthless to read, but the poll is good.

    1/2 on AGS this week is interesting. SDSU is in first place by a single point, but SHSU received 29 first place votes compared to SDSU's 20. JMU/Montana/NDSU ranked 3/4/5, but fairly close together in points. UND ranked 8. UNI ranked 16.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    8,185

    Default Re: 2021 Sagarin Says

    I don't vote on the AGS poll because I don't want to spend the time tracking 30-50 teams to rank the top 25.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    *FCS media and coaches voters

    Voters on AGS are pretty good. Most take the time to do what you say and take the body of work into account. I would argue that AGS as a message board has become pretty worthless to read, but the poll is good.

    1/2 on AGS this week is interesting. SDSU is in first place by a single point, but SHSU received 29 first place votes compared to SDSU's 20. JMU/Montana/NDSU ranked 3/4/5, but fairly close together in points. UND ranked 8. UNI ranked 16.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Turtle Mountains
    Posts
    2,700
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: 2021 Sagarin Says

    It’s really gross to NDSU at 99!!!! What the actual F? It’s just doesn’t look right. We used to be in the 35-45 range. I know it means nothing but its so gross.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •