Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 FBS season

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021 FBS season

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I saw a NCAA rule enforcement announcement in regards to uniform standards. Said that there was going to be active enforcement this year. So I was pretty surprised when I saw players with bare mid-drifts this past week in a few games. I did notice more teams with regulation pants as opposed to last year.
    They tell us that every year and you still see things in the FBS games that make it difficult for us to enforce. If they did enforce strictly fans would get pissed because we are sending out they're best players in the middle of a series. Nobody wants to see that either. It puts us in a tough spot. Nobody wants to be fashion police.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    As I've mentioned before there are gray areas in many of these rules. Rules are often somewhat vague and then philosophies help to clarify them. This is a good example. To differentiate between running and roughing the leg example I shared is one of them. But forcible contact that displaces the kicker will be roughing. The official on the field didn't feel that was the case. The P5 friend of Coach Kelly felt otherwise. Neither are wrong and neither are right. They both make valid judgements.

Football is not black and white. It's messy and the ball bounces funny. If you expect everything to be black and white you are watching the wrong sport. If you expect every call to be right or wrong you will never be happy. The officials try really hard to remove the gray and be as consistent as possible. But it's impossible to accomplish.

Thanks for the input. Game is fast too... feel bad for you guys lol
    College of Business Alumnus

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Thanks for the input. Game is fast too... feel bad for you guys lol
    I wouldn't say too fast but things happen quickly. As you move up to adjust to the speed and it slows down. Your eyes get trained to see the action and mechanics play a key role in positioning and angles. The more you see something the better your brain is trained to process it. That's why being an official on the field in any sport is very different than just watching a game as a fan. For example, most fans watch the ball. Ball watching is one of the bad habits that is hard to overcome when you start.

You do only get one chance to see the play on the field and you need to rely on your brain to be honest about what the eyes saw. That's not always the case. I've seen things on video and realize I saw it completely wrong. There are also instances where you don't get to see the whole thing and you have to be careful but to assume the parts you didn't see. Most errors are caused by bad mechanics or lack of concentration.

Anyone working at the level of the FCS has put in years of training and experience and have a strange passion for being excellent. That's the part people don't realize or appreciate. They aren't perfect but their #1 goal is to get everything right, keep everyone safe and officiate every play fairly and consistently.

K State QB hurt

Oregon beat OSU!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    K State QB hurt

Oregon beat OSU!!!
    Man I feel terrible for skylar Thompson. That looked season ending.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Man I feel terrible for skylar Thompson. That looked season ending.
    Not good. Wasn't touched. Couldn't even walk of the field.

Also wtf Texas?

K State misses FG. all SIU needs is a FG drive here

Texas sucks
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Have to think k states b12 championship hopes are fucked by that injury.

Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Have to think k states b12 championship hopes are fucked by that injury.

Again.
    New QB was not accurate.