Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2021 FBS season

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021 FBS season

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    the dude's knee was down that touched the ball. horrible referee play (and how dont they catch that in review!?)
    Because that doesn't make the ball dead. He needs to possess it. If the ball was already stopped and then he touched it then it would be dead. The bean bags were to mark the spots where the kicking team illegally touched the ball (not a foul but a place where the receiving team can take possession).

The signal the back judge made though should have made the ball dead. It was an incorrect signal called inadvertent but that's what replay should have done at that point. The receiving team has the option of any of the spots of illegal touching or where the runner was with the ball when the inadvertent signal was given. The inadvertent signal was the mistake by the official and likely a big mechanic downgrade on this play. I think replay may also get a downgrade because they had a chance to correct it and didn't do that. The right thing here would have been NOT to signal and the play resulted in a TD. But the signal mistake is a huge one for the covering official.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

the dude's knee was down that touched the ball. horrible referee play (and how dont they catch that in review!?)
    Well that’s what they get. So many players want to be so fancy and not take a knee, don’t grab the ball and hand to the ref, drop the ball right at the end zone, etc.

It’s so stupid. Grab the ball and hand it to the ref, you just lost the game for your team.

Oh yeah and the ref that blew the play dead but then let it go because he saw the play was going somewhere is an idiot too. How did they not go back and fix that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well that’s what they get. So many players want to be so fancy and not take a knee, don’t grab the ball and hand to the ref, drop the ball right at the end zone, etc.

It’s so stupid. Grab the ball and hand it to the ref, you just lost the game for your team.

Oh yeah and the ref that blew the play dead but then let it go because he saw the play was going somewhere is an idiot too. How did they not go back and fix that.
    The official did not shine on that play. He probably moved too fast to rule it down but realized the ball was still moving before it was touched. His arms moved faster than his brain could stop the partial signal. He should have owned up to it but also may not realize how much of a signal he gave. This all happens fast and what did may look different on video than what you remember. I assume he's still getting a downgrade for the inadvertant signal.

K-State cracked the top 25 in the AP Poll.

'Member when some pundits said KU made a better hire in December 2018 with Les Miles than K-State did with Klieman???

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Because that doesn't make the ball dead. He needs to possess it. If the ball was already stopped and then he touched it then it would be dead. The bean bags were to mark the spots where the kicking team illegally touched the ball (not a foul but a place where the receiving team can take possession).

The signal the back judge made though should have made the ball dead. It was an incorrect signal called inadvertent but that's what replay should have done at that point. The receiving team has the option of any of the spots of illegal touching or where the runner was with the ball when the inadvertent signal was given. The inadvertent signal was the mistake by the official and likely a big mechanic downgrade on this play. I think replay may also get a downgrade because they had a chance to correct it and didn't do that. The right thing here would have been NOT to signal and the play resulted in a TD. But the signal mistake is a huge one for the covering official.

It looked to me like when the last MSU player was touching the ball the ball came to a complete rest before he pulled his hand away. Wouldn't that mean the play is dead? And also, whether or not his knee was touching the ground is irrelevant, correct? It's as long as the ball is not moving and being touched by the kicking team?

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    K-State cracked the top 25 in the AP Poll.

'Member when some pundits said KU made a better hire in December 2018 with Les Miles than K-State did with Klieman???
    I ‘member!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    It looked to me like when the last MSU player was touching the ball the ball came to a complete rest before he pulled his hand away. Wouldn't that mean the play is dead? And also, whether or not his knee was touching the ground is irrelevant, correct? It's as long as the ball is not moving and being touched by the kicking team?
    If the ball is already motionless and then touched by the kicking team it's dead with or without a knee in the ground (actually anything other than hand or foot). If they touch it while it's still moving they need to possess it for it to become dead. Then you have all the similar rules to completing a catch or recovery.

Think of it this way, if the ball is still moving it's somewhat treated like a fumble. Would you have considered this a fumble recovery? Once the kick stops then the rule changes slightly.

Appy St on ESPN.

I'd love to be them. up 7-3. packed stadium
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

the real UND vs Wisconsin. EWWW who do I cheer for

Georgia 28-0 over Vandy. on pace for 112-0
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

the real UND vs Wisconsin. EWWW who do I cheer for

Georgia 28-0 over Vandy. on pace for 112-0
    God cheers for Notre Dame. And God is smiling right now. Go Irish!
    College of Business Alumnus