NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: 2021 FBS season

overtime baby

omg Florida St & missed fgs....

Some of those calls in the Notre Dame @ FSU game confused me. How is taking out the punter with his leg extended not a 15-yard penalty? And on that play ruled an incomplete pass before the missed field goal -- shouldn't that have been intentional grounding if the QB threw the ball at his feet while he was in the pocket?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Some of those calls in the Notre Dame @ FSU game confused me. How is taking out the punter with his leg extended not a 15-yard penalty? And on that play ruled an incomplete pass before the missed field goal -- shouldn't that have been intentional grounding if the QB threw the ball at his feet while he was in the pocket?
    Those were puzzling to me as well. I suppose it's karma that FSU missed the field goal then lmaooo.
    College of Business Alumnus

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The rules analyst explained it. The philosophy is is if the contact is to the extended leg is running into and if the contact is to the plant leg or forcible contact info the body is roughing. That call was consistent with that philosophy.

The pass is not intentional grounding because that's not where he intended to throw it. Someone asked in another thread why QBs don't do this intentionally to avoid intentional grounding but obviously the word intentional is involved in the name of the foul and definition.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Side question. Why isn't spiking the ball intentional grounding? QB is inside the tackles, the ball never crosses the LOS, no receiver in the area, and he definitely intended to throw it there.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Side question. Why isn't spiking the ball intentional grounding? QB is inside the tackles, the ball never crosses the LOS, no receiver in the area, and he definitely intended to throw it there.
    There is an exception for the passer to immediately spike the ball to stop the clock. If there is any delay then it would be intentional grounding.

Thanks. I had the volume down low so didn't hear any explanation. It seemed like the QB was trying to pull the ball back and grasp it with both hands after a fake instead of attempting to throw it.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The rules analyst explained it. The philosophy is is if the contact is to the extended leg is running into and if the contact is to the plant leg or forcible contact info the body is roughing. That call was consistent with that philosophy.

The pass is not intentional grounding because that's not where he intended to throw it. Someone asked in another thread why QBs don't do this intentionally to avoid intentional grounding but obviously the word intentional is involved in the name of the foul and definition.

It's OK to not be OK.

bizzare for sure

also Georgia beats Clemson UCLA beats LSU

are times a changin?