Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Albany Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Albany Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    why not play Cole Payton next game, hell start him. let's see what he looks like it's fucking VALPO...

QP can stay the starter, but let's see.

(I know they won't..but it's valpo)

oh QP wasn't fast by the way. Stick, Lance much faster
    Watching Valpo at Indiana Wesleyan. They are losing 21-3. IWU is a good NAIA program that should be ranked this year. They play in a conference with several other ranked teams so we'll see how that goes. The crews working most of their games are from my conference, and I have a game there in 2 weeks against one of those ranked teams (Olivet Nazarene...home of Chicago Bears training camp). Our NAIA teams are as good or better than most of the Pioneer teams. Butler plays Illinois State tonight, but they'll play one of the local D3 schools (DePauw) next week and Taylor (another decent NAIA school) the week after. Bison players should get a lot of players in the game next week.

The production is a local company in Marion, but they pay for the rights to stream on ESPN3. Not bad for an NAIA program! I believe this is their third season of football and they built an impressive facility for NAIA football. Love working there.

Seeing Cole Payton's calves in person I can confirm, they are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Watching Valpo at Indiana Wesleyan. They are losing 21-3. IWU is a good NAIA program that should be ranked this year. They play in a conference with several other ranked teams so we'll see how that goes. The crews working most of their games are from my conference, and I have a game there in 2 weeks against one of those ranked teams (Olivet Nazarene...home of Chicago Bears training camp). Our NAIA teams are as good or better than most of the Pioneer teams. Butler plays Illinois State tonight, but they'll play one of the local D3 schools (DePauw) next week and Taylor (another decent NAIA school) the week after. Bison players should get a lot of players in the game next week.

The production is a local company in Marion, but they pay for the rights to stream on ESPN3. Not bad for an NAIA program! I believe this is their third season of football and they built an impressive facility for NAIA football. Love working there.
    Indy, did you comment on if the tuck non fumble call was correct?

I know everyone wants Quincy to be the fucking Terminator out there but he has said every time he’s asked that he doesn’t like running people over and he doesn’t love contact.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

This was a typical winning strategy game for the Bison. Run the ball well, be accurate throwing, play good defense. Play like this all year; and we journey to north Texas again. Quincy didn’t do anything that will get him on sportscenter, but other then the fumble was solid. Went 12/16 and a couple of those were dropped. 75% is great! He will get better as the season goes on. Was a beautiful day for the return of tailgating!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    This was a typical winning strategy game for the Bison. Run the ball well, be accurate throwing, play good defense. Play like this all year; and we journey to north Texas again. Quincy didn’t do anything that will get him on sportscenter, but other then the fumble was solid. Went 12/16 and a couple of those were dropped. 75% is great! He will get better as the season goes on. Was a beautiful day for the return of tailgating!
    Agree. Boringly beautiful. Penalties need to be cleaned up though. Stalled a lot of momentum.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Indy, did you comment on if the tuck non fumble call was correct?
    Obviously my games don't have replay so I'm not sure how they want to handle it there. But his arm started forward with the ball and then he's contacted so any loss of possession will be considered a forward pass regardless of which direction the ball goes. I think the only way that's a fumble is if he lost control before the hand started forward or the contact didn't happen until after the passer was clearly tucking it.

Here is the actual rule:
    When a Team A player is holding the ball to pass it forward toward the neutral zone any intentional forward movement of the passer's hand with the ball firmly in their control starts the forward pass unless the player clearly starts to bring the ball back with firm control to the passer's body; if a Team B player contacts the passer or ball after forward movement begins and the ball leaves the passer's hand, a forward pass is ruled regardless of where the ball strikes the ground or a player.

Based on my understanding of the rule and how they officiate with replay I think they got it right. Rules become much more technical and black and white when you decide to include replay. Sometimes what you see on the field in real time and what your eyes tell you is a better outcome. It's definitely a down side of replay. I sometimes join a training conference call with Dean Blandino discussing replay. Curious to see if this one comes up.

I'll second the call to see Payton for at least a meaningful quarter next game. I really liked that when they brought Cam in they didn't just run out the clock like Bohl/Klieman used to do when backups would get to the field. Meaningful reps and evaluation have never been more important.

Remember when Trey came in and dropped a snap then picked it up and ran it for a TD? It was nice to know what was coming after Easton's record year.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Obviously my games don't have replay so I'm not sure how they want to handle it there. But his arm started forward with the ball and then he's contacted so any loss of possession will be considered a forward pass regardless of which direction the ball goes. I think the only way that's a fumble is if he lost control before the hand started forward or the contact didn't happen until after the passer was clearly tucking it.

Here is the actual rule:
    When a Team A player is holding the ball to pass it forward toward the neutral zone any intentional forward movement of the passer's hand with the ball firmly in their control starts the forward pass unless the player clearly starts to bring the ball back with firm control to the passer's body; if a Team B player contacts the passer or ball after forward movement begins and the ball leaves the passer's hand, a forward pass is ruled regardless of where the ball strikes the ground or a player.

Based on my understanding of the rule and how they officiate with replay I think they got it right. Rules become much more technical and black and white when you decide to include replay. Sometimes what you see on the field in real time and what your eyes tell you is a better outcome. It's definitely a down side of replay. I sometimes join a training conference call with Dean Blandino discussing replay. Curious to see if this one comes up.
    One thing that always bugs me is screaming at refs on plays like this when a very black and white rule could be in play that they don't understand. I figured this was one of those cases.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here is the actual rule:

The QB had no intention of throwing the ball and was trying to tuck it in when he lost control and fumbled it. By this rule a QB could always spike it when in trouble to avoid the sack.