Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Albany Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Albany Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Was the throw into the endzone? I don’t remember. If not, who cares.

Bison have more depth than they know what to do with on either side of the ball and you have to give it meaningful game reps. Sure, they might get a good amount next weekend, but this was a decent team. I would think that they (Albany) would want to treat it as a scrimmage at that point too and get as many meaningful plays in as possible.

Personally, I wanted them to play right up to the end because the more live play calling the offense gets, the better. With 1 min left and what was essentially a shutout (18 had a nice game, no?) I came away feeling unsatisfied, but I have faith they will improve.
    Nope was inside the 5 but not in end zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    I'm a little disappointed in the D coach & LBers on that crossing pattern over the middle. Why didn't they line up a little deeper and why didn't they key on Albany's best player? Also didn't like Coach R play calling in the red zone. He's trying to get too cute. Why don't we have those quick slants over the middle, their LB's were playing run all day. Does Watson need glasses?
    Why is Jackson Hankey on the field in a 100% passing (or HB draw) down is probably the start and the end of the questions that need to be asked. And if he’s going to be in, why the hell is he playing 20 yards off the LOS? He is great at tackling in traffic, fighting blocks. He is not great at running or tackling way downfield.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A few takeaway from the game (here for the criticism, since it's bisonville and we are all experts):
    1. Our OLine still inconsistent within some schemes. In particular Mauch, Jensen, and Kubas. Buddy of mine pointed out that three drives in a row, one of those three had guys shoot through mess up plays. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Miller and Rock are starting at tackles and some point this year. We know Zabel can play also.
    2. 52 and 51 were on the field to much together. Give me 47 and 31. I don't care about seniority. The best players need to play. I get they know what they have in older class men, but the upside is to good to keep 47 and 31 on the bench. Love Hankey, needs to start and get a lot of reps in the middle. But him and 51 together, we lack upside and speed.
    3. Mostert twins continue to jump out. Eli is a beast, looks thicker then last year. Also, Will needs to play more. He is better then guys ahead of him. Especially 93 and 54.
    4. Going off of one game, Sproles is our 3/4 most explosive receiver. Watson, Henderson, and Nelson all created separation. Sproles I felt struggled and that might be just trying to get his feet under him. I think Nelson has taken the next step.
    5. Kobe looks great. Bigger then last spring and still has the juice. Take away Dom's long run and Kobe had the better game. Our RB is loaded. TaMerik looked good at the end. Luepke is a horse, but will be needed at FB with Brozio out.
    6. Eubanks is a dude. The other corner spot will shake out over time with the competition there between Price, Vines and Telbert.
    7. QP2 is going to be solid. Two buddies that are non FCS fans messaged me and said he looks great. Just hope the OC takes the training wheels off and let's the guys play.
    8. First game Roehl hasn't called a jet sweep? Surprising. He just needs to let the guys plays and not worry about saving things. If we execute it won't matter.
    9. Our safety room is so talented and deep. Weber, Tutsie and Jones make it able for us to do a lot of things on the back end of the defense.
    10. FCS is a whole looks great this season, a lot of talent returned from COVID year, schools took transfers, and NDSU set the bar and other schools are striving to reach it. SDSU, Montana, JMU, SIU, SHSU, and UND all have great rosters and talent. UNI gave Iowa St all they can ask for. Other FCS schools picked up wins over FCS.
    11. Liked the throw backs, but I'm glad it's only a one time deal. Looked to much like the jets jerseys for me. Loved the helmets on the other hand. Logo is awesome.
    12. Next week will be a joke, Valpo team that lost to an NAIA. Hope no one gets hurt. Get in, get out. Get guys in the game. Get to 2-0.

Go Bison! Criticize away.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    A few takeaway from the game (here for the criticism, since it's bisonville and we are all experts):
    1. Our OLine still inconsistent within some schemes. In particular Mauch, Jensen, and Kubas. Buddy of mine pointed out that three drives in a row, one of those three had guys shoot through mess up plays. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Miller and Rock are starting at tackles and some point this year. We know Zabel can play also.
    2. 52 and 51 were on the field to much together. Give me 47 and 31. I don't care about seniority. The best players need to play. I get they know what they have in older class men, but the upside is to good to keep 47 and 31 on the bench. Love Hankey, needs to start and get a lot of reps in the middle. But him and 51 together, we lack upside and speed.
    3. Mostert twins continue to jump out. Eli is a beast, looks thicker then last year. Also, Will needs to play more. He is better then guys ahead of him. Especially 93 and 54.
    4. Going off of one game, Sproles is our 3/4 most explosive receiver. Watson, Henderson, and Nelson all created separation. Sproles I felt struggled and that might be just trying to get his feet under him. I think Nelson has taken the next step.
    5. Kobe looks great. Bigger then last spring and still has the juice. Take away Dom's long run and Kobe had the better game. Our RB is loaded. TaMerik looked good at the end. Luepke is a horse, but will be needed at FB with Brozio out.
    6. Eubanks is a dude. The other corner spot will shake out over time with the competition there between Price, Vines and Telbert.
    7. QP2 is going to be solid. Two buddies that are non FCS fans messaged me and said he looks great. Just hope the OC takes the training wheels off and let's the guys play.
    8. First game Roehl hasn't called a jet sweep? Surprising. He just needs to let the guys plays and not worry about saving things. If we execute it won't matter.
    9. Our safety room is so talented and deep. Weber, Tutsie and Jones make it able for us to do a lot of things on the back end of the defense.
    10. FCS is a whole looks great this season, a lot of talent returned from COVID year, schools took transfers, and NDSU set the bar and other schools are striving to reach it. SDSU, Montana, JMU, SIU, SHSU, and UND all have great rosters and talent. UNI gave Iowa St all they can ask for. Other FCS schools picked up wins over FCS.
    11. Liked the throw backs, but I'm glad it's only a one time deal. Looked to much like the jets jerseys for me. Loved the helmets on the other hand. Logo is awesome.
    12. Next week will be a joke, Valpo team that lost to an NAIA. Hope no one gets hurt. Get in, get out. Get guys in the game. Get to 2-0.

Go Bison! Criticize away.
    Jet sweep to FB/TE for a touchdown. Luepke I believe

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Jet sweep to FB/TE for a touchdown. Luepke I believe
    Your correct. On the goal line. Actually a good play call. Out of a formation and person they don't usually run it with.

Someone on the Kolpack's post game show described QP's passing as "A good west coast statline"

Before we had all these NFL guys, that was good enough. Good defense and a solid, clock eating offense that didn't turn the ball over.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Someone on the Kolpack's post game show described QP's passing as "A good west coast statline"

Before we had all these NFL guys, that was good enough. Good defense and a solid, clock eating offense that didn't turn the ball over.
    kolpack is the biggest tool next to mcfooly. unbelievable ndsu gave wday/forum the contract
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Watch it again at half speed bro. They were powerball winner lucky.

CSU wins that game 9/10 times.
    what on earth is this take. They embarrassed CSU
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post

Did the NFL guys really put up video game numbers? I mean yea stick and Lance could run for 10 yards any play. But they weren’t passing for 350 yards and 4 TDs vs PudU either.

Don’t need QP to follow the NFL guys…just don’t play like last springs QB and let the RB 3 headed monster do their thing while keeping the D from stacking. Do that and NDSU should be alright

Possibly the most important takeaway that hasn't been mentioned. Still undefeated in the throwback logo/jersey/socks with current pants combo!!