Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Gophers 2021 season

Default Re: Gophers 2021 season

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    He walked off the field unaided. Has not been back though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Walked into locker room in a boot

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Ohio State is a better football team obviously but Minny got trash calls.

I'm calling conspiracy. B1G knows the only shot they have at the playoff is tOSU. They are going to do their annual thing of protecting them.

PS that's targeting lol. I dont think he tried to do it... but I've seen guys get tossed for much much less
    I mean, if that's not targeting then we need to redefine targeting.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    There were two targeting non-calls in this game.
    Only one. The first one was a whiff. Hit helmet to back. Second one was clear though but officials missed it completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Ohio State is a better football team obviously but Minny got trash calls.

I'm calling conspiracy. B1G knows the only shot they have at the playoff is tOSU. They are going to do their annual thing of protecting them.

PS that's targeting lol. I dont think he tried to do it... but I've seen guys get tossed for much much less
    Agreed. Minnesotas up 4 with the ball and suddenly 2 holding calls makes it 2nd and 30? They botched a DPI when they buckeye tugged the gophers side and also the targeting with helmet to helmet against a defenseless receiver but called a fumble.

There was also a pretty iffy roughing the passer call that negated an Ohio State interception and long runback down the field.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    There was also a pretty iffy roughing the passer call that negated an Ohio State interception and long runback down the field.
    Guy followed through with both arms to the QBs head. It’s weak because he’s wearing a helmet but it’s something they call 9 out of 10 times

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Guy followed through with both arms to the QBs head. It’s weak because he’s wearing a helmet but it’s something they call 9 out of 10 times
    That's true. Just like the DPI that was called on OSU that led to Minnies's 1st touchdown probably isn't called 9 out of 10 times. The WR and CB squared each other up and we're battling for position.

I know things are headed the other direction but I'm glad it wasn't called targeting. The WR and DB were running in the same direction and basically "zipper merged" at the point of contact. There was contact up high but it was more incidental than forceable.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

It was a great atmosphere and the rain was light enough to not be a bother. Huge student section that was engaged and active right to the end. Lots of OSU fans in attendance and scattered throughout the crowd.

I enjoyed it and I would go again.

Also had a dual C-30 flyover that would have been tough with a roof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

I completely disagree with you if you care anything about player safety Olmantutters. That should have definitely been targeting...the Minnesota player got knocked the heck out. Players getting knocked is not good for the game in any fashion.

Here is the video if nobody has seen it. The first contact from the OSU player is his helmet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4vej9n4Blw

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I know things are headed the other direction but I'm glad it wasn't called targeting. The WR and DB were running in the same direction and basically "zipper merged" at the point of contact. There was contact up high but it was more incidental than forceable.
    I mean, the defender launched himself crown-first into the earhole of what could be considered a defenseless receiver. That's textbook targeting.
    Looks a lot more like a T-Bone than a zipper merge to me.

https://twitter.com/DannyAdelante/st...38480958083074