Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Northwestern Fitzgerald suspension / Dave Braun

Default Northwestern Fitzgerald suspension / Dave Braun

It seems like Dave Braun made a poor choice in joining Fitzgerald at Northwestern University. It seems like he may lose his job soon.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37973549/pat-fitzgerald-suspended-northwestern-hazing-inquiry

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...exualized-acts
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

Default Re: Northwestern Fitzgerald suspension / Dave Braun

Well, I don't think that anybody will blame Dave Braun for what happened at Northwestern. While this situation will not be great in the short term for Coach Braun, I think that he'll end up OK (at least, I hope so.) They could do worse than naming him head coach.

To think that in this day and age this type of behavior persists; incredible .

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    No kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    It seems like Dave Braun made a poor choice in joining Fitzgerald at Northwestern University. It seems like he may lose his job soon.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37973549/pat-fitzgerald-suspended-northwestern-hazing-inquiry

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...exualized-acts
    I will be shocked if they retain him. I am even more shocked that this shit is still going on. In this day and age how in the fuck can you think that you can keep doing this???
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I don't blame Coach Braun for what happened (is happening) at Northwestern, I said he could be out of a job if they fire Fitzgerald (as they should).

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, I don't think that anybody will blame Dave Braun for what happened at Northwestern. While this situation will not be great in the short term for Coach Braun, I think that he'll end up OK (at least, I hope so.) They could do worse than naming him head coach.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

well Braun would end back at NDSU if he's let go, Entz is his buddy
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Hazing has been going on for decades. No matter how much groups try to get rid of it, new members bring it back little by little. It must be some innate thing in humans to put artificial barriers in place between existing and new members.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I'd think it's too close to the season to fire anyone other than Fitzgerald meaning that they'd probably retain his staff to coach this season and, as the DC, Braun would be one of the top candidates for interim HC especially since he has no connection to these past shenanigans being in his first year there. So he might only be there a year but he also might have an opportunity to show he can lead a Big Ten program.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Hazing has been going on for decades. No matter how much groups try to get rid of it, new members bring it back little by little. It must be some innate thing in humans to put artificial barriers in place between existing and new members.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Sure, but there is paying for rookie dinner parties or being made to wear Dora the explorer backpacks through the airport and then there’s gang dry humping in the shower.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie