Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Gophers 2021 season

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Gophers 2021 season

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    Hawkeyes got fucked

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
    How? Replay got it right. I thought that's what fans wanted.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    How? Replay got it right. I thought that's what fans wanted.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Is any hand waving motion a fair catch signal? I thought a fair catch signal was above the head.

Is any hand waving motion a fair catch signal? I thought a fair catch signal was above the head.

There seem to be some players that just cant accomplish that simple feat before catching a punt. So modifications needed to be made.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

On the broadcast they said that a lateral wave indicates a "get away/stay away" which must be something ruled in a similar way to a QB slide or "giving oneself up".

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    On the broadcast they said that a lateral wave indicates a "get away/stay away" which must be something ruled in a similar way to a QB slide or "giving oneself up".
    I've saw today that any waving of the hands other than a normal (over the head) fair catch signal is an invalid fair catch signal but it's not penalized and just ends with the same result as a normal fair catch if caught by the punt returner, with the ball being placed where it's caught. So in other words any waving of the hands, over the head or otherwise, becomes a fair catch signal in the end. So the refs did get it right, not that it's going to make the Hawkeyes feel any better today.

I've saw today that any waving of the hands other than a normal (over the head) fair catch signal is an invalid fair catch signal but it's not penalized and just ends with the same result as a normal fair catch if caught by the punt returner, with the ball being placed where it's caught. So in other words any waving of the hands, over the head or otherwise, becomes a fair catch signal in the end. So the refs did get it right, not that it's going to make the Hawkeyes feel any better today.
    According to The Athletic the Hawkeyes amassed a total of two yards in the second half yesterday. Two. They have more to worry about than some arm waving.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    According to The Athletic the Hawkeyes amassed a total of two yards in the second half yesterday. Two. They have more to worry about than some arm waving.
    I saw a stat this week that Iowa had gone 3-and-out on 60% of it's possessions in conference play but somehow they were 3-1. I can't imagine yesterdays game helped that stat much. Somehow their terrible offense keeps finding a way to get worse each year.

I saw a stat this week that Iowa had gone 3-and-out on 60% of it's possessions in conference play but somehow they were 3-1. I can't imagine yesterday's game helped that stat much. Somehow their terrible offense keeps finding a way to get worse each year.
    That's got to be loads of fun to watch.
    Don't believe everything you think.