Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Zeb Noland starting for South Carolina this weekend

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Zeb Noland starting for South Carolina this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Dude u might have some issues. Can’t people just discuss and not attack people. Grow up.

My only point is not whether Roehl is great or not cause he is struggling but so are other areas. My main point of this is hedberg is considered an elite coach which I think he is but he is also to blame here not just roehl as he is the QB coach and passing game coordinator is that not his title.

Maybe Zeb just had a bad year mentally it happens to a lot of QBs even great NFL qbs have some poor years but people always want to blame a coach instantly. I think there was lots of blame to go around for last spring including a very poor offensive line due to graduations and injuries and maybe even recruiting we will find out this year on that one.
    You are correct. Blame needs to be spread around and not just directed at one person. Zeb really doesn't fit what what we wanted to do.

Yes, he threw for 4 TDs. But dive into more, he averaged 5.5 yards per completion and was under 60% passing against one of the worst FCS teams this year. People want to crown him for that line they can.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    You are correct. Blame needs to be spread around and not just directed at one person. Zeb really doesn't fit what what we wanted to do.

Yes, he threw for 4 TDs. But dive into more, he averaged 5.5 yards per completion and was under 60% passing against one of the worst FCS teams this year. People want to crown him for that line they can.
    He was the game 1 starting QB for an SEC team at an SEC stadium in front of tier 1 SEC fans. He threw for 4TD's and zero int. .001 of high school QB's will have that opportunity. Be happy for him!
    Last edited by AKBison; 09-05-2021 at 08:53 PM.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Exactly. Us being very happy for him is all that is needed. What an awesome opportunity.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    He was the starting QB for an SEC team at an SEC stadium in front of tier 1 SEC fans. He threw for 4TD's in zero and int. .001 of high school QB's will not have that opportunity. Be happy for him!
    Never said I wasn't happy for him. I'm just saying it wasn't like his stat line should make people crown the guy like we messed him up. I agree live it up. It's a great story. Hope he does well.

Never said I wasn't happy for him. I'm just saying it wasn't like his stat line should make people crown the guy like we messed him up. I agree live it up. It's a great story. Hope he does well.
    you obviously didn't watch the game. go back. the energy & reactions from his teammates/coaches was incredible. you can't bottle that
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    you obviously didn't watch the game. go back. the energy & reactions from his teammates/coaches was incredible. you can't bottle that
    Crown him because his teammates are happy for him? If only NDSU players and coaches would of had that reaction for him right? Things would have been different.

Get real, I said I was happy for the guy. It's a great story. I am also real that he didn't work for NDSU and the only reason this story happened is because their starter Luke Doty, who will be back this season, injured his foot in fall camp.

Crown him because his teammates are happy for him? If only NDSU players and coaches would of had that reaction for him right? Things would have been different.

Get real, I said I was happy for the guy. It's a great story. I am also real that he didn't work for NDSU and the only reason this story happened is because their starter Luke Doty, who will be back this season, injured his foot in fall camp.
    Will Doty win his job back?....... we'll see......

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I know. Roehl was incredible in 2019 but last year he was really bad. Honestly Zeb was just a terrible fit for our offense so it was a Square peg and round hole

Hopefully we get back to basics like pulling our athletic lineman and running the QB
    Yeah and why didn't they call plays like when TR played with Walker & Company? Head scratcher. We moved the ball without the threat of QB run back then.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

1. SO JACKED for Zeb, I hope he keeps tearing it up, especially against actual FBS teams

2. I am not UN-concerned about our offensive play calling. But I think that was probably the 3rd or 4th biggest reason our O stunk last year

3. I was one of the most vocal Zeb supporters, and thought that he may even win the starting job over lance before the 19 season. I think his ability is greater than what he showed last year. but when it came down to it, he missed more than a handful of wide open receivers. Open receivers are open receivers no matter what the offensive scheme. I think Scheme is maybe 10-30% of an offense, and players are 70-90%. Lets not immediately crucify Roehl when the much more obvious answer is that player performance was WAAAAAAAAAAAY down last year for a myriad of reasons
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Zeb is looking very rough today.