Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nebraska is bad at football

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Nebraska is bad at football

...And they desperately need to go back to the Big XII. The B1G move has been about as bad a conference move as it could have gone. Like on par with U Mass from FCS to FBS, but worse. They are no longer a national brand. They are on par with Rutgers. How the mighty have fallen.

I think a move back to the Big XII would help. It's good that Texas left, bad that Oklahoma left, but Nebraska going back there would be a win-win and keep P5 respect for the conference.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Nebraska is bad at football

They are so much of a dumpster fire right now they wouldn’t do any better in the BXII competition wise. Additionally they would take a huge revenue hit leaving behind the B10 money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    They are so much of a dumpster fire right now they wouldn’t do any better in the BXII competition wise. Additionally they would take a huge revenue hit leaving behind the B10 money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure what the answer is in Lincoln. Sad to see.
    College of Business Alumnus

I think they should keep doing what they're doing and let guys like Easton Stick, Kyle Emanuel, Christian Dudzik, Jalen Allison, Nick DeLuca, and Cole Payton come up to Fargo to play ball.

Nebraska would be fools to move back to a conference that is imploding and will soon fall from the ranks of the Power conference and may dissolve completely.

Nebraska's issues have nothing to do with the Big Ten and actually predate their move to the conference. Their slide started when they were in the Big 12 and fired Frank Solich after a 10 win season for Bill Callahan. They then compounded the issue by firing Bo Pelini when all he did was consistently win 9+ games a season. Scott Frost was a bad hire you could see coming a mile away if you were paying attention. Nebraska just needs to make a solid coaching hire and temper their expectations so as not to run their next coach off when they hit a bumpy patch.

Nebraska is a cautionary tale about an awesome but spoiled fanbase that killed their own program.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Nebraska would be fools to move back to a conference that is imploding and will soon fall from the ranks of the Power conference and may dissolve completely.

Nebraska's issues have nothing to do with the Big Ten and actually predate their move to the conference. Their slide started when they were in the Big 12 and fired Frank Solich after a 10 win season for Bill Callahan. They then compounded the issue by firing Bo Pelini when all he did was consistently win 9+ games a season. Scott Frost was a bad hire you could see coming a mile away if you were paying attention. Nebraska just needs to make a solid coaching hire and temper their expectations so as not to run their next coach off when they hit a bumpy patch.
    I think the Big XII will be fine.

I did not see Frost being a bad hire. I am curious - what were the signs? Honestly, I thought he would elevate Nebraska back to national title contender. I was obviously wrong.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Nebraska is a cautionary tale about an awesome but spoiled fanbase that killed their own program.

Reminds me of a cringeworthy take I saw recently that suggested that Matt Entz would be on the hot seat if he didn't win a national title this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    This would make for a compelling premise for a documentary. I'd tune in for the Craig Bohl segment alone.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I think the Big XII will be fine.

I did not see Frost being a bad hire. I am curious - what were the signs? Honestly, I thought he would elevate Nebraska back to national title contender. I was obviously wrong.
    I figured Frost would be a good get for them. Proven coach at the G5 level. Played at Nebraska. Hell, maybe he will even turn things around.

Nebraska will never be the Nebraska of old. But they are capable of being a pretty good team.
    College of Business Alumnus