Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bison1660 and ForumComm

Default Re: Bison1660 and ForumComm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I absolutely love listening to Dom. Just miss it actually being on a radio station. It is impossible to find. COuldn't be less convenient. I want to be able to be in my truck and turn the dial to Dom. He has great guests. this whole FLAG thing is odd. There has to be a better way to listen to a great program.
    This!!!

If you actually listen to Dom's show it is really good...the Tuesday edition with McFeeley and Kyle E. is really good. It's not just the cheerleader stuff you hear on 1660. They talk Bison...but have good stories and are honest and even-handed to both the good and the bad going on. As Burgundy said, there needs to be a way to get his show on the radio!

Jay is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well, not perfect but it’s available via podcast shortly after the show is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Well, not perfect but it’s available via podcast shortly after the show is over.
    Living outside of the center of the universe, I did not even realize it was not on the radio anymore. Super easy to pod; I do it regularly. If folks have an old car with old aux inputs, super easy to buy a bluetooth receiver if you want to avoid cables.

I managed to catch a little of Jimmy Foo'ball on Bison1600 today... pretty awesome.

And there was some FBS talk.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I managed to catch a little of Jimmy Foo'ball on Bison1600 today... pretty awesome.

And there was some FBS talk.
    Jimmy football is always great to listen to

Zach Staton or whatever ihis name is is sooooooooooooooOOOO bad at radio.

I listen to Open Mic with Dom each day via podcast, and when zach fills in.... my goodness it is awful. I listen to it on 2x speed and there are times where I have to check my phone to see if its still playing. 5-10x a show, he will have a legitimate 10-15 second gaps of dead air. And approx half of the time he is talking packers and talking NON Twins baseball, or the yankess or virginia basketball or baseball or some crap.

Legitimately, here is the approximate breakdown of air time on his show:

30% Yankees, University of Virginia bull shit, his dad (but not interesting like Dom's dad)
    29% Dead air
    21% Virtue signaling about how wise and honorable he is and how bad of a person you are if you disagree with Zach Staton
    10% Other, non local baseball
    7% UND Hockey
    3% NDSU football

Kill me. I can get by a hefty portion of virtue signaling from Dom, because the rest of the show is usually so good. But Zack is the worst of both worlds. He has a good big play voice, and thats about it
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Dom’s podcast is pretty good. I think Dom should stick to podcasts/radio and Zach should stick to play by play……

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

I listen to Open Mic with Dom each day via podcast, and when zach fills in.... my goodness it is awful. I listen to it on 2x speed and there are times where I have to check my phone to see if its still playing. 5-10x a show, he will have a legitimate 10-15 second gaps of dead air. And approx half of the time he is talking packers and talking NON Twins baseball, or the yankess or virginia basketball or baseball or some crap.

30% Yankees, University of Virginia bull shit, his dad (but not interesting like Dom's dad)
    29% Dead air
    21% Virtue signaling about how wise and honorable he is and how bad of a person you are if you disagree with Zach Staton
    7% UND Hockey
    3% NDSU football

Kill me. I can get by a hefty portion of virtue signaling from Dom, because the rest of the show is usually so good. But Zack is the worst of both worlds. He has a good big play voice, and thats about it
    Why is it so hard to just delete the podcast and not listen to it if it's so bad. My goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
    Why is it so hard to just delete the podcast and not listen to it if it's so bad. My goodness.
    It will be ok Funk. I dont think Zach is good host when he fills in... I know this is a tough blow for you but You will rebuild, and you will build back better. With the help of friends, family and prayer, you will move on.

Just remember, beyond brokenness, there is wholeness. Beyond despair, there is comfort. Beyond the tears, there will be laughter... but just not today
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

29% Dead air
    7% UND Hockey
    3% NDSU football

I do the exact same thing, it's very annoying.