Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season

Default Re: 2021 Season

So I am planning to attend my first NDSU Volleyball game and I have a question about the seating. Are the seats in Section D, good seats? Is section D on the East or West side?

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    So I am planning to attend my first NDSU Volleyball game and I have a question about the seating. Are the seats in Section D, good seats? Is section D on the East or West side?
    Section D is the middle section west side. Pretty sure all sections on west side general admission.

533 In a row

Scheilweller and Tidd starting up front and Johnson starting at setter against Denver.

Going to be very surprised if they can knock off Denver, but I hope they do.

You can watch on WDAY Extra

Very veteran starting lineup tonight with Hinze and a bunch of upperclassmen (Scheiwiller isn't an upperclassmen technically, but she's in her third year), but NDSU loses the opener 25-21.

Scheiwiller had a strong first set, Tanchin had some nice swings, and I thought Hanger played well, but overall the team had too many mistakes. Too many errors and passing wasn't good enough again.

Schmoll got a start and started really strong with some huge early digs and nice serves, but she gave up 3 aces in close succession that were a killer.

The only freshman that played in set 1 was Abby Stark, and she was just used to serve. No Boling or Reilly.

They get swept 3-0 and have a very tough matchup on Saturday vs Omaha.

Reilly got in during the third set. Stark got the 2nd and third sets over Hanger.

Hanger, Tanchin, and Scheiwiller all were pretty good.

The season isn't going well and the matchup vs UND on Saturday just got more interesting, as their head coach got put on administrative leave effective immediately "Upon learning of some potential issues within the program".

So far on the season, Syra Tanchin has taken a big step forward, but that is about it. They're currently 8th in the conference standings, and I still think they find a way to finish 5th or 6th in the conference, but the Tuesday loss to SDSU hurts a lot.

As a team, NDSU is:
    7th in the conference in hitting % while giving up the 3rd highest hitting %. Hinze has seen her percentage drop .026 points but Syra has seen a .052 point increase.

They're blocking the third fewest shots while getting blocked more often than every team in the conference.

They're 2nd in the conference in aces per set, but giving back even more and allowing the third most aces.

Individually:
    Syra is 14th in hitting % and Michelle Glover is 16th.
    Hinze and Syra are 4th and 6th in kills per set, but obviously Syra has been far more consistent and error free.
    Michelle Glover is 5th in blocks per set, and the only top 25 blocker on the team.
    Kaylee Hanger is 10th in digs per set.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    The season isn't going well and the matchup vs UND on Saturday just got more interesting, as their head coach got put on administrative leave effective immediately "Upon learning of some potential issues within the program".

So far on the season, Syra Tanchin has taken a big step forward, but that is about it. They're currently 8th in the conference standings, and I still think they find a way to finish 5th or 6th in the conference, but the Tuesday loss to SDSU hurts a lot.

As a team, NDSU is:
    7th in the conference in hitting % while giving up the 3rd highest hitting %. Hinze has seen her percentage drop .026 points but Syra has seen a .052 point increase.

They're blocking the third fewest shots while getting blocked more often than every team in the conference.

They're 2nd in the conference in aces per set, but giving back even more and allowing the third most aces.

Individually:
    Syra is 14th in hitting % and Michelle Glover is 16th.
    Hinze and Syra are 4th and 6th in kills per set, but obviously Syra has been far more consistent and error free.
    Michelle Glover is 5th in blocks per set, and the only top 25 blocker on the team.
    Kaylee Hanger is 10th in digs per set.
    NDSU over UND 3 - 0
    25-19, 25-15, 25-17

They played great tonight, and Michelle Glover was fantastic. Syra Tanchin was very good too. Hicks and Hinze both had some really good moments and Reilly was solid.

Great energy, good play, and good crowd. They have a chance to rip off 5 in a row if they play well. ORU, UMKC, St Thomas, and Western coming up. These are their peers in the conference and going on a nice winning streak would set them up well for a strong finish.

Anybody want 2 free tickets to watch the ladies play St Thomas tomorrow night at the BBF?

First serve is 7pm and I would be surprised if NDSU doesn't get a sweep, so it should be done by 830pm.