Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting QB Quincy Patterson

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Starting QB Quincy Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Did they being in Zeb to be a backup? Similar programs with VT and Iowa State. I think they would (try) to play the best guy.
    Zen and QP aren’t similar players. Program has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    lol if you think they brought him in to be a backup. This was never up for debate.
    I think they brought him in because they needed depth BAD and they were hoping he would improve on his 40% completion rate. If not he could run 65% of the time and MAYBE still be better than the production we got last year.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Because Tre left early the QB room didnt have time to develop as in the past. I agree it does feel weird.
    This

There was never a plan to have your rock star QB play 1 season and then be a 1st round pick

Having a transfer is just as weird as having a true freshman play who was put into an impossible situation

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Bison last year were a victim of their own success plain and simple combined with odd covid year. No way to plan for a sophomore QB leaving because of an odd covid year and declaring for the NFL. Cole Payton was the plan but they needed a bridge to get us there.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Ross asked him about FBS and he basically said the only difference is depth and the recruiting piece where Power 5 teams have over the top pitches and "waterfalls in the locker room." That made me chuckle

So when I post we need to add a shell basement to the IPF for some future crazy player lounge... that's what I'm talking about. It's going to be the next facilities war

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    The real question is: Can QP be the next Bison QB to get drafted? Oh I’m not done… The immediate following question is: Can Cam Miller be the 5th Bison QB to get drafted?? That’s where the real story lies. If even one of those things happens then the Bison are still winning titles and UND still sucks ass.

THE END.
    My hunch is Cam transfers...

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised and wouldn't blame him either. I'd say if Payton wins the spot next one or two years, Miller likely transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Tough to say because Cam himself said he didn't expect to play much until he was and junior (pre Trey obviously) and as of today, he is 1 play away from being the starter

I know this much. If he were to play today, he would be way better than last year. Night and day.

Maybe you don’t plan for your QB to be so good he leaves early, but you better damn well have a plan if he blows his knee or breaks an arm. COVID was obviously the amplifying factor but still, everyone dealt with that.

The way we lost our QB was ridiculous, but you can’t tell me that if Trey got hurt in 2019 we just would’ve shrugged and folded camp. We’re a better program than to not have a serviceable backup QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Maybe you don’t plan for your QB to be so good he leaves early, but you better damn well have a plan if he blows his knee or breaks an arm. COVID was obviously the amplifying factor but still, everyone dealt with that.

The way we lost our QB was ridiculous, but you can’t tell me that if Trey got hurt in 2019 we just would’ve shrugged and folded camp. We’re a better program than to not have a serviceable backup QB.
    Enough to get into playoffs and win a game. That would be a great success for most programs with their backup QB. Unfortunately for NDSU the bar is ridiculously high. What they accomplished with stick when Wentz went down was insane and made possible in part because Wentz was a senior and it only moved up timing by a year.