Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting QB Quincy Patterson

Default Re: Starting QB Quincy Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    You may wish to go back and review. The very reason he lost his starting job was due to him plowing his throwing shoulder into a LB or DB with a full head of steam.

Passing accuracy on short to midrange could be a factor too but the shoulder injury was what put him out of action.
    The latter part of your post is more accurate than QP’s passing ability. Let’s be honest here, our O changed dramatically for the better when Miller was put in as starter. QP has his role, but it’s not as a starting QB.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    He lead the team in rushing yards if you remove sack yardage. I thought he started out the season running a bit soft for a big guy, but improved week after week. Versus UND, a defender hit him and then had to leave the game with a neck injury. By the Championship game, he was running very physical and was the only QB I've ever see who is so strong, he gets a personal foul on a face mask. That actually made me laugh. Never seen that before

And as far as catching goes... he's 0-1. I doubt we'll see much of him on the passing game unless he can develop some skills

But he's improving as a skilled player and we haven't scratched the surface. He trained as a QB. I kind of wonder if he might be a little quicker if he slims down a little. A good comparison is Luepke, who dropped 10 pounds but be was quicker. Quincy running straight ahead sure ain't a problem. He's fast
    He didn't get a penalty for "being so strong." He got it for grabbing the dude's face mask.

End of the day he doesn't complete passes. No opponent respects his ability to throw the ball.

If they wanna make what amounts to a wildcat package for him, it is what it is. Justifiable at least.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The latter part of your post is more accurate than QP’s passing ability. Let’s be honest here, our O changed dramatically for the better when Miller was put in as starter. QP has his role, but it’s not as a starting QB.
    Was starting to get a little concerned that you failed to find your way out of TX. Welcome back.

Anyway you might be arguing here with something I did not assert. I was responding to someone who had no recall of QPII running aggressively earlier in the season. My recall is different on that point.

While the team did not lose any games with QPII as QB1 they definitely fared better with Miller Time under/behind center. On this we agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

How much better would QP have to get this offseason to surpass miller? for real. I love miller, I'm not bashing the guy. But if QP gets.... maybe 20% better at passing in the offseason, would he be a better option?

I dont know the answer- but I dont think he would need to improve as much as we might think to pass miller again. Dont get feathers ruffled, I'm not calling for millers head, I'm just thinking that if QP completed 7% more of his passes, he probably wouldnt have gotten benched and we still win the natty

Quote Originally Posted by Minimum8Pete View Post
    How much better would QP have to get this offseason to surpass miller? for real. I love miller, I'm not bashing the guy. But if QP gets.... maybe 20% better at passing in the offseason, would he be a better option?

I dont know the answer- but I dont think he would need to improve as much as we might think to pass miller again. Dont get feathers ruffled, I'm not calling for millers head, I'm just thinking that if QP completed 7% more of his passes, he probably wouldnt have gotten benched and we still win the natty
    Can't see how Patterson gets significantly more accurate...he is who he is. Very clear difference between the two in the passing game. This one isn't a question. Sure, they can say the qb competition is open...but in no way, shape, or form is anybody but Cam Miller being named the started when it finally shakes out.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Minimum8Pete View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Can't see how Patterson gets significantly more accurate...he is who he is. Very clear difference between the two in the passing game. This one isn't a question. Sure, they can say the qb competition is open...but in no way, shape, or form is anybody but Cam Miller being named the started when it finally shakes out.
    I don't think it's accuracy as much as it is knowing when and where to go with the ball. The difference between Miller and QP when it comes to the passing game is Miller understands it at a higher level, knows where players will be, the timing of routes and the play in general and can improvise not only with his legs. He's simply better QB than QP in more than one way.

I like QP but I don't think it's as simple as learning to hit a target, imo.

IF and that's a big IF, there is an open QB competition it is between Miller and Payton imo and no I'm not going to start talking about calves.

I think Miller is the guy and actually played at a MUCH higher level than we all give him credit for. Look at his stats, re watch some games and see how he performs under pressure. He is what an NDSU QB looks like.

How many heads would explode if Cole Peyton is the QB1 in the fall and Cam drops to QB3 with Quincy keeping the same role he's had the last few games?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    How many heads would explode if Cole Peyton is the QB1 in the fall and Cam drops to QB3 with Quincy keeping the same role he's had the last few games?
    None, provided CP performs as the best QB.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I breast feed my puppies
    Sorry not getting into trolling action with a UND fan. Go away, you bring nothing to the discussion.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Exactly zero chance of this happening out of fall camp. Now if cam struggles early in the season, different story. But no matter what entz says, there is not an open competition for the starting job.
    Quincy will have his role regardless and will be in a battle for qb2.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk