Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting QB Quincy Patterson

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Starting QB Quincy Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Minimum8Pete View Post
    Who knows rules about transferring? I heard on the AP College football podcast that they thought players get ONE free transfer and it looks like Quincy used his for us. Can he do it again?
    They must offer waivers on this or something
    1. Quincy transferred down last year (FBS to FCS), which doesn't require you to sit out.
    2. New NCAA rules gives players a one time transfer that doesn't require a player to sit out (no matter level of transfers, example: D2 to FCS, FCS to FCS, FCS to FBS, FBS to FBS)
    3. So since Quincy's first transfer didn't require him to sit, he still has his one time transfer with out sitting requirement in his pocket if he chose to transfer to another FCS school or back up to an FBS school.
    4. Also, if Quincy graduates, then he can transfer to another school as a grad transfer if the school has a masters program in his field without having to sit out.

loves me some quincy reminds me of the daryl clark days at PSU future is bring for #2

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Nolan’s sat a year I believe
    No he didn't. He transferred from fbs to fcs and played for gamecocks a post grad. Both cases don't require to sit out a year.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quincy may have horsepower but he runs like a slow horse. A horse can't catch the ball.

"Runs like a slow horse"

lmao what does that even mean
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by jcdcubs View Post
    Quincy may have horsepower but he runs like a slow horse. A horse can't catch the ball.
    He lead the team in rushing yards if you remove sack yardage. I thought he started out the season running a bit soft for a big guy, but improved week after week. Versus UND, a defender hit him and then had to leave the game with a neck injury. By the Championship game, he was running very physical and was the only QB I've ever see who is so strong, he gets a personal foul on a face mask. That actually made me laugh. Never seen that before

And as far as catching goes... he's 0-1. I doubt we'll see much of him on the passing game unless he can develop some skills

But he's improving as a skilled player and we haven't scratched the surface. He trained as a QB. I kind of wonder if he might be a little quicker if he slims down a little. A good comparison is Luepke, who dropped 10 pounds but be was quicker. Quincy running straight ahead sure ain't a problem. He's fast

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    He lead the team in rushing yards if you remove sack yardage. I thought he started out the season running a bit soft for a big guy, but improved week after week. Versus UND, a defender hit him and then had to leave the game with a neck injury. By the Championship game, he was running very physical and was the only QB I've ever see who is so strong, he gets a personal foul on a face mask. That actually made me laugh. Never seen that before

And as far as catching goes... he's 0-1. I doubt we'll see much of him on the passing game unless he can develop some skills

But he's improving as a skilled player and we haven't scratched the surface. He trained as a QB. I kind of wonder if he might be a little quicker if he slims down a little. A good comparison is Luepke, who dropped 10 pounds but be was quicker. Quincy running straight ahead sure ain't a problem. He's fast
    Have to agree with Herdbot here. He was a solid runner early in the season but it seemed like he was protecting himself (not a bad thing) or didn't relish in the contact. As the season went on he started delivering some big shots and kept piles churning. He was a legit running threat the last third of the season. Was great to see.

In regards to the receiving drop and limited passing; I think with a full offseason and spring install we will see a bit more of both. I don't think it will be to keep teams honest, he will have to earn that but that is ok. Just means those passing and receiving rare plays will have a greater chance of working out.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Have to agree with Herdbot here. He was a solid runner early in the season but it seemed like he was protecting himself (not a bad thing) or didn't relish in the contact. As the season went on he started delivering some big shots and kept piles churning. He was a legit running threat the last third of the season. Was great to see.

In regards to the receiving drop and limited passing; I think with a full offseason and spring install we will see a bit more of both. I don't think it will be to keep teams honest, he will have to earn that but that is ok. Just means those passing and receiving rare plays will have a greater chance of working out.
    I could be remembering wrong, but I dont have any memories of him bulldozing people early season, and he was doing it every single game in the playoffs. Those poor defenders haha

Quote Originally Posted by Minimum8Pete View Post
    I could be remembering wrong, but I dont have any memories of him bulldozing people early season, and he was doing it every single game in the playoffs. Those poor defenders haha

You may wish to go back and review. The very reason he lost his starting job was due to him plowing his throwing shoulder into a LB or DB with a full head of steam.

Passing accuracy on short to midrange could be a factor too but the shoulder injury was what put him out of action.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdcubs View Post
    Whoa, whoa, back up, Sparky.......he had one.....ONE...... pass thrown his way, and yes, he dropped it.......doesn't mean he CAN'T catch the ball. Let's wait until we have a larger sample size.