Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: WDAY Not Crap Production (hopefully)

Default Re: WDAY Not Crap Production (hopefully)

For the record, I predicted Dom and Kyle in the WDAY media rights thread.....sun shines on a dog's ass every now and then.

I doubt they will post the games on youtube unless NDSU made sure they control the archive games. WDAY wants everything behind the Forum pay firewall. I'm very worried about the coaches show, too. The forum does not seem to understand they don't work well with streaming devices. Have they even enabled chromecast?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    For the record, I predicted Dom and Kyle in the WDAY media rights thread.....sun shines on a dog's ass every now and then.

I doubt they will post the games on youtube unless NDSU made sure they control the archive games. WDAY wants everything behind the Forum pay firewall. I'm very worried about the coaches show, too. The forum does not seem to understand they don't work well with streaming devices. Have they even enabled chromecast?
    Man...if they could get CAS in that crew we'd have it made. Might have to air it on a delay with bleeps added regularly...but the excitement and knowledge given would be through the roof.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

The vast majority of the fans can watch the coaches show on broadcast TV.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

It's OK to not be OK.

1. I think Dom will be great. I like Paul Allen for the vikes- I like when the announcer is a total homer and getting "way too excited". Just because we're "used" to averaging 18yds a play, doesnt mean we should no longer be excited about it. I'm not worried at all about Dom, I think its going to be great. I like his calls for the state high school tournaments and feel that hes better PxP than anchor honestly.
    2. There is almost no way they'll put games on youtube, which would be a shame.
    3. I think WDAY is pretty into the "Spectacle" of gameday, and I think its going to make for a very fun broadcast. I cannot imagine that theyre not going to try and do a tricked out pregame show. Jeff and Dom had an excellent set up and it appeared to me that their budget was approximately $37. WDAY wasnt going to do more than that because they werent the flagship, now that they are, I would be very disappointed if we dont see a HUGE jump in production value on the pregame side. I'm honestly pretty excited about it
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    1. I think Dom will be great. I like Paul Allen for the vikes- I like when the announcer is a total homer and getting "way too excited". Just because we're "used" to averaging 18yds a play, doesnt mean we should no longer be excited about it. I'm not worried at all about Dom, I think its going to be great. I like his calls for the state high school tournaments and feel that hes better PxP than anchor honestly.
    2. There is almost no way they'll put games on youtube, which would be a shame.
    3. I think WDAY is pretty into the "Spectacle" of gameday, and I think its going to make for a very fun broadcast. I cannot imagine that theyre not going to try and do a tricked out pregame show. Jeff and Dom had an excellent set up and it appeared to me that their budget was approximately $37. WDAY wasnt going to do more than that because they werent the flagship, now that they are, I would be very disappointed if we dont see a HUGE jump in production value on the pregame side. I'm honestly pretty excited about it
    To me the one thing that is assured to improve is just the general knowledge of FCS football and the program. Dom and Jeff and the WDAY crew just know their shit compared to the KVLY personalities. Always seemed forced and fake with them whereas when Dom and Jeff have a discussion on a topic it doesn't just feel like they are trying to fill air time, it's actually a productive interesting conversation. For me the pregame show could just be Dom and Jeff talking like on the video blog. Hell even that with it's $25 budget would be more compelling than what KVLY was doing with their spaceship green screen graphics, over the top homerism, and cringy banter.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yeah after the whole “we cover NDSU out of the goodness of our hearts” bit, they better not wreck the ship now that they have the keys. Already not particularly impressed they aren’t broadcasting the Townson game.
    They aren't broadcasting Towson? WTF? Are they taking us back a decade?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'll hold judgement until I see the product but I have doubts it'll be much of an improvement.

The Towson game is a road game so they don't have the rights to it. Hoping they can come to some type of deal to get it on locally but doubtful.

Default Re: WDAY Not Crap Production (hopfully)

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I'm gonna laugh if it's actually worse. Always thought most were too picky after watching other school's broadcasts.
    The personnel might improved in some aspects, but I wouldnt get my hopes up as far as production.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    The personnel might improved in some aspects, but I wouldnt get my hopes up as far as production.
    This is my expectation as well. I'm gonna miss bagging on ole Timmerman.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonDude View Post
    Can we PLEASE make sure that McFeely isn’t involved in any way?
    Haha he will be involved somehow. Studio/Pre/Post game at times it seems like. He can be annoying but is sometimes interesting to listen to.