Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: WDAY Not Crap Production (hopefully)

Default Re: WDAY Not Crap Production (hopefully)

I'm all for that, along with some broadcasts that show crowd reactions after every play or the quarterback sitting on the bench while the defense is on the field. I'd rather see what substitutions are happening or try to read the body language of the teams in the huddle.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    This is less of a slam on WDAY and more on TV football coverage in general: Might we consider doing away with the inane ritual of sticking a microphone into the coaches faces for the contractually obligated two questions as he trots off the field at the end of the game, or at the end of the half? At the end of the game, Entz was asked how South Dakota State won the second half. He said, "They scored more points than we did." True? Yes. Smart ass? Also true. I will give credit that the questions have improved beyond, "How does it feel..." Still, the coaches clearly don't want to be there at that point... they're either pissed at a loss or want to go celebrate a victory with their team... and I've yet to ever hear any earth shattering revelations in these interviews that didn't eventually come up at the post-game presser.
    It's OK to not be OK.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Has anyone noticed that when they first start the game that the video and audio are not in sync? Maybe its the bar I'm watching at?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that when they first start the game that the video and audio are not in sync? Maybe its the bar I'm watching at?
    I haven't paid close enough attention to it to see if its on mine also. But have noticed on other things that if my internet is being fully maxed out, the video will be slightly ahead of the audio and yes that is super annoying.

Its insane that we cant appreciate the broadcast we have. I've worked on actual ESPN television broadcasts many times, as well as Midco broadcasts. Even with my experience I am not an expert in the field- but literally every time I have to watch another schools broadcast instead of WDAY's it is an absolute nightmare.

WDAY does a great job. They are punching so far above their weight its not even funny. Those who are demanding something 'more' are asking for legit network broadcasts- ABC, CBS ESPN etc. As far as hyper-regional broadcasts, WDAY is among the best- full stop.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Its insane that we cant appreciate the broadcast we have. I've worked on actual ESPN television broadcasts many times, as well as Midco broadcasts. Even with my experience I am not an expert in the field- but literally every time I have to watch another schools broadcast instead of WDAY's it is an absolute nightmare.

WDAY does a great job. They are punching so far above their weight its not even funny. Those who are demanding something 'more' are asking for legit network broadcasts- ABC, CBS ESPN etc. As far as hyper-regional broadcasts, WDAY is among the best- full stop.
    WDAY has done a good job. In past years there have been some legit complaints, but all in all they are producing a great product. I do think the general consensus has been positive this year.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    It's been fine watching the games on Midco TV although we were at the SDSU game so I don't know about last weekend's game.
    It's OK to not be OK.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well stated. I don't think NDSU fans should ever complain about media coverage.

I don't necessarily see the WDAY production as being that much better than other MVFC or Big Sky productions I've watched this year (outside of WIU) but it's comparable.

I do think it's kind of funny how much more leeway WDAY seems to be getting than KVLY got when it comes to what we're allowed to bitch about (see http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...rap-Production). I don't see WDAY as being a whole lot different from KVLY then again I didn't think Lee Timmerman was that bad. *gasp*

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's because keyboard warriors are experts on everything and think those who don't do it to their level of satisfaction are horrible at their jobs. Here nobody is immune.

Coaches, players, officials, administrators, commissioners, general managers, university presidents, TV producers, announcers, stadium managers, ushers, restaurant owners. Very few people have done these jobs but feel they are experts at many of them. I've done very few of them but I have some awareness and appreciation of many of them. There is also a big difference in saying I didn't like a certain play call or game plan and that coach sucks and should be fired. If you don't see the difference then life will be very hard and disappointing for you.

Are the TV broadcasts NBC Sunday Night Football level? No. But I don't expect them to be. I talked with my friend who is doing color for Indiana State that is only streamed on ESPN+. The 3 on air people are the only professional staff. The PxP guy is a full time employee of the university and the sideline reporter may be. Or she may work for the local TV station. They are both young aspiring professionals. My friend is a retired police officer and high school football coach who loves to do color. He does a lot of high school radio and TV as well. The rest of the crew is a university club and they have 4 cameras. All that considered they did a good job. They aren't as good as WDAY but they don't have the same equipment or experience.

The lack of perspective by so many people baffles me. Maybe I'm too accommodating or understanding.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It does seem like more and more people online claim to be experts in everything. Mrs. Hammerhead and I like to make snarky comments about the local news and The Today Show, but we keep those to ourselves. I'm sure the local TV stations can't compete with the major media markets for salaries so we tend to get the lower-end candidates unless they have some tie to the area and really want to work here.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    It's because keyboard warriors are experts on everything and think those who don't do it to their level of satisfaction are horrible at their jobs. Here nobody is immune.

Coaches, players, officials, administrators, commissioners, general managers, university presidents, TV producers, announcers, stadium managers, ushers, restaurant owners. Very few people have done these jobs but feel they are experts at many of them. I've done very few of them but I have some awareness and appreciation of many of them. There is also a big difference in saying I didn't like a certain play call or game plan and that coach sucks and should be fired. If you don't see the difference then life will be very hard and disappointing for you.

Are the TV broadcasts NBC Sunday Night Football level? No. But I don't expect them to be. I talked with my friend who is doing color for Indiana State that is only streamed on ESPN+. The 3 on air people are the only professional staff. The PxP guy is a full time employee of the university and the sideline reporter may be. Or she may work for the local TV station. They are both young aspiring professionals. My friend is a retired police officer and high school football coach who loves to do color. He does a lot of high school radio and TV as well. The rest of the crew is a university club and they have 4 cameras. All that considered they did a good job. They aren't as good as WDAY but they don't have the same equipment or experience.

The lack of perspective by so many people baffles me. Maybe I'm too accommodating or understanding.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    It's OK to not be OK.