Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: WDAY Not Crap Production (hopefully)

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: WDAY Not Crap Production (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by bisonpride4ever View Post
    I remember in the early days of Joe Rohan’s podcast he had a pretty basic mic and when he would have Joey Diaz on, which was a lot, the mic couldn’t handle his excited outbursts and it would pop and get really loud. He knew this was an issue and eventually he got a mic that could handle Joey’s voice without it being as bad of an issue as it used to be. It would be nice if they had something like that for Dom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think if you would have posted in the gameday thread during the Arizona game they Bison win eh.

Lardsin must go!

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Maybe just get him one of those plugs they stuff into the horn of a jazz trumpet
    Better yet! Give em a plunger cup so he can do the wah wah wahs.

Pregame segment with Coach Tutsie was excellent. IMHO the wday pregame is hugely better than kvly.

If Dom improved is in game pxp to be as good as his interview skills that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Pregame segment with Coach Tutsie was excellent. IMHO the wday pregame is hugely better than kvly.

If Dom improved is in game pxp to be as good as his interview skills that would be awesome.
    I watched for first time on roku.....the soccer story was good, but was kind of perplexed why it was in a Bison pregame show....

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Seriously this is HS football broadcast problems, seriously what does it take to get a quality TV production?!?!!!
    Why are our TV broadcasts still an issue after many years of crap broadcasts? We seriously think this is what we are proud of ? Dom needs to go back to radio. Sad to say but I wish we had Midco , we would have their top crew too!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Interesting fact I heard from my friend who did color on the ISU broadcast (via ESPN+). They had 4 cameras. WDAY brought 8 for their broadband.. Also the broadcast team (other than on air talent) is student run.

Bison fans should be grateful for what they have.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by indybison View Post
    interesting fact i heard from my friend who did color on the isu broadcast (via espn+). They had 4 cameras. Wday brought 8 for their broadband.. Also the broadcast team (other than on air talent) is student run.

Bison fans should be grateful for what they have.

Sent from my sm-g975u using tapatalk
    because there are no making some people happy. We could have abc top crew and they would still pick it apart. Im grateful we have television coverage

At least they made the smart decision yesterday to ditch the LOS and first down lines after they were constantly goofed up again.

But it couldn't have made whoever sponsored the down & distance on field graphic (First Western Bank maybe???) happy...

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    because there are no making some people happy. We could have abc top crew and they would still pick it apart. Im grateful we have television coverage
    You should give yourself POS REP!!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

This is less of a slam on WDAY and more on TV football coverage in general: Might we consider doing away with the inane ritual of sticking a microphone into the coach's face for the contractually obligated two questions as he trots off the field at the end of the game, or at the end of the half? At the end of the game, Entz was asked how South Dakota State won the second half. He said, "They scored more points than we did." True? Yes. Smart ass? Also true. I will give credit that the questions have improved beyond, "How does it feel..." Still, the coaches clearly don't want to be there at that point... they're either pissed at a loss or want to go celebrate a victory with their team... and I've yet to ever hear any earth shattering revelations in these interviews that didn't eventually come up at the post-game presser.
    Last edited by SomeBeach; 10-18-2022 at 10:23 PM.