Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: WDAY Not Crap Production (hopefully)

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: WDAY Not Crap Production (hopefully)

Picture and audio quality was a big downgrade from KVLY in my opinion. Picture was super gray heavy for home games and you could barely hear the stadium noise and sounded like Don and Kyle were recorded in mono.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonbythelake View Post
    I raise you Tampa Bay Lightning radio (at 0:42 mark).
    https://twitter.com/BoltsRadio/statu...32009787965441

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    WDAY was passable in year #1... that's the best compliment I can come up with. The most distinct memory I have was them infuriatingly missing a play after almost every timeout in the UND game but that was apparently on Midco (UND's TV partner) for not communicating when breaks were happening or something like that... still made WDAY look like ass since that was only their 3rd broadcast since they couldn't broadcast the Towson game.
    That was all on Dom. He was late getting into breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Picture and audio quality was a big downgrade from KVLY in my opinion. Picture was super gray heavy for home games and you could barely hear the stadium noise and sounded like Don and Kyle were recorded in mono.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't like the Mic. When Dom raised his voice, it sounded distorted

There was also a camera that made the colors of the helmets look different

I would like to see them do something innovative

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Wasn't there some kind of issue with the helmet manufacturers where the paint wasn't the same shade of yellow/gold?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Wasn't there some kind of issue with the helmet manufacturers where the paint wasn't the same shade of yellow/gold?
    Sort of correct. I believe the team bought new helmets, but phased them in over a couple/few years. The base color of the new helmets was a slightly different shade of yellow. Not sure if that was a mistake or just a decision that they had to live with versus replacing 100% of the helmets at once.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Expecting the same so I'm not disappointed......

Goal-line cameras among WDAY-TV's enhancements for Bison football TV broadcasts this season

“We’ve added some goal-line cameras on the north and south goal lines to help us in getting the viewers another look at goal-line stuff as well the Missouri Valley with replay calls,”

Anderson said there is going to be a camera on a platform in the southeast corner of the Fargodome for enhanced viewing on that part of the field.

“It will be a little slightly higher than the field, so you are going to have things coming right at you with clearer sight lines,” Anderson said. “It’s going to get you tighter shots of players. A different angle of a replay, rather than something that’s right along the line of scrimmage. It’s something that’s coming to you or going away from you.”

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

If the biggest issue of having every game (well 99% of games that we can control) televised is the color of the helmets and voices being distorted when raised, then I think you have a non existent issue for FCS.
    A person could always just, ya know, attend the game in person, then the helmets would look like they look and you don't have to listen to Dom. (and you very well may attend all the games, I don't know you, so not saying you don't)
    The TV will never be great...it's Fargo ND and FCS football. This isn't the Big Ten Network.
    Ya get what ya get and don't throw a fit.

While I liked to complain about KVLY, the local TV stations are better than the TV coverage for just about every other FCS team. The Montana schools usually had great broadcasts when I could get whatever network they are on, but I don't know if they are on TV every week or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    If the biggest issue of having every game (well 99% of games that we can control) televised is the color of the helmets and voices being distorted when raised, then I think you have a non existent issue for FCS.
    A person could always just, ya know, attend the game in person, then the helmets would look like they look and you don't have to listen to Dom. (and you very well may attend all the games, I don't know you, so not saying you don't)
    The TV will never be great...it's Fargo ND and FCS football. This isn't the Big Ten Network.
    Ya get what ya get and don't throw a fit.
    It's OK to not be OK.