Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: WDAY Not Crap Production (hopefully)

Default Re: WDAY Not Crap Production (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I admit I was yearning for the days of LT yesterday......I also watch WIU/EWU yesterday. WIU, Western fing Illinois has a better production than that Towson produced bullshit.
    OMG WIU broadcasters were THE WORST. I wanted to watch that shootout on replay, but those announcers were so bad I couldn't take it and had to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    OMG WIU broadcasters were THE WORST. I wanted to watch that shootout on replay, but those announcers were so bad I couldn't take it and had to quit.
    Those announcers were hilarious! And as bad as they were, they are still better than the Towson trash. Aside from that, the their second grade quality camera work as still better than Towson as well which was preschool level work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I’m thinking the FloSports announcers weren’t even in the stadium with zero background noise.
    That's a good point. I chalked it up to not having a parabolic, but could even be worse than that.

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    The WIU audio visual club is an acquired taste. Once you learn to appreciate the subtle "boom goes the dynamite" undertones, the complexity of their production really starts to come through.

Towson had the worst production I have never seen. No sideline reporter. No intro. No down and distance. Depressing announcers. No audio of the actual crowd. Apparently it was the 12th most attended game in their history but you couldn't hear any fans

That being said, I'm still going to be critical of whoever our TV partner is because Schools like James Madison have borderline ESPN quality production

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The WIU audio visual club is an acquired taste. Once you learn to appreciate the subtle "boom goes the dynamite" undertones, the complexity of their production really starts to come through.
    Must spread rep....I'm with EC8CH.....I love those guys for some reason!

WIU is the gold standard because our broadcasters have to sit on the top row of the bleachers using a card table to set their shit on.

None of this heated press box bullshit they’re used to

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    That's a good point. I chalked it up to not having a parabolic, but could even be worse than that.
    I go to all the Bison home games and occasionally rewatch the game when I get home. Seems WDAY doesn't have a very good parabolic, or turn down the on field sound quite a bit compared to previous years. Just seems too quiet and mostly hear Dom and others talk with muted background sound. Anyone else notice this? Thought about sending in a comment, but they probably don't care.

L

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    WIU is the gold standard because our broadcasters have to sit on the top row of the bleachers using a card table to set their shit on.

None of this heated press box bullshit they’re used to
    ...with the soothing whur of a generator in the background

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I go to all the Bison home games and occasionally rewatch the game when I get home. Seems WDAY doesn't have a very good parabolic, or turn down the on field sound quite a bit compared to previous years. Just seems too quiet and mostly hear Dom and others talk with muted background sound. Anyone else notice this? Thought about sending in a comment, but they probably don't care.

L
    Audio level and overall general audio quality is something WDAY could improve on. To be fair dealing with Dom's 100+db vocal chords must be challenging for the production staff.